Thinking of going with ios5 beta....

Discussion in 'Jailbreaks and iOS Hacks' started by The Tos, Jul 7, 2011.

1. The Tos macrumors 6502a

I have some concerns/questions though. Currently i have mi iphone 4 on 4.3.1 which is jailbroken. Do I need to restore it back to original before installing ios5? I am not a developer so i was thinking of doing the workaround method of calling 112...etc.... Does anyone know if this works when adding ios5?

2. Mystic Eddy macrumors regular

Wirelessly posted (Mozilla/5.0 (iPhone; U; CPU iPhone OS 4_3_1 like Mac OS X; en-us) AppleWebKit/533.17.9 (KHTML, like Gecko) Version/5.0.2 Mobile/8G4 Safari/6533.18.5)

You are not authorised to install iOS 5 if you're not a developer. Just wait until it's released!

3. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

iOS 5 is intended for developers, i would not touch it unless i was comfortable with all the "what ifs" and comfortable fixing the phoen from any state it might be in

4. spamdumpster macrumors 6502a

I'm not a dev. I've had iOS 5 beta 2 on my iphone 4 for about 10 days now, jailbroken with Redsn0w 0.9.8 beta1. Just a few cydia tweaks installed: Tetherme, iIfle, Open SSH, UISettings, 3G unrestrictor, Omnistat. Plus, I changed a few UIsound files, like email and sms.

I think it runs great. No crashes at all, except when I installed something I was pretty sure wasn't going to work (e.g., weathericon). Even then I just ran cydia from safemode and uninstalled the offending package. The only time I've even had to reboot tethered (other then when I installed mobilesubstrate) was when I accidentally forgot to put the phone on the charger overnight and the battery ran completely down.

I'm not encouraging anyone to install the betas. They're for devs only, and installing them without having access to a dev account is pirating apple software. Plus, unless you know what you're doing, you're likely going to have to restore back to 4.3.3 at some point.

5. hackthatphone macrumors 68000

hackthatphone

6. soco macrumors 68030

soco

I'll agree with what's being said. Especially since we're so close to official release. Just hang out a little longer and you'll get it.