Thinking of heading back to Leopard

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by TomT321, Oct 27, 2009.

1. TomT321 macrumors member

I am fairly new to Macs and bought a New Mac Mini about a month ago that had Leopard as the OS X. I was very impressed with the Leopard system, but did upgrade to Snow Leopard as it was supposed to be the latest and greatest however I have had problems ever since I installed the upgrade. My time machine doesn't seem to be working, I am getting a lot of pin wheels when I click on various programs, etc. So I am seriously thinking of going back to Leopard 10.5, but not 100% sure how I go about that. Will it work if I just put in the re-install disc that came with the computer originally or do I need to go some other route? Appreciate simple directions. All the computer is really used for is surfing, e-mails and storing various pictures and documents so no real need for any advanced "improvements" that I allegedly may have gotten with the Snow Leopard "upgrade". :confused:

2. BlueRevolution macrumors 603

BlueRevolution

That's all you need to do. Be aware that reinstalling Leopard from Snow Leopard will require you to erase the hard drive, so back up your important files first.