Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

MauerFan

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 9, 2012
I've never jailbroken anything before, but i'm thinking of jailbreaking my mini (currently on 6.1.2). What are the chances that it messes up my iPad though? If does, can I just restore it in iTunes, and not lose any of my info? ie apps.

Last edited by a moderator:

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
I've never jailbroken anything before, but i'm thinking of jailbreaking my mini (currently on 6.1.2). What are the chances that it messes up my iPad though? If does, can I just restore it in iTunes, and not lose any of my info? ie apps.

I have my mini jailbroken and, frankly, there isn't a way I can turn back now. The added functionality certain tweaks give the device is wonderful. As long as you only install things you need that make the device the best for you, and you don't go about changing the filesystem via iFile and not knowing what you're doing (or installing incompatible tweaks), then you should be fine...

tmanto02

macrumors 65816
Jun 5, 2011
Australia
I have my mini jailbroken and, frankly, there isn't a way I can turn back now. The added functionality certain tweaks give the device is wonderful. As long as you only install things you need that make the device the best for you, and you don't go about changing the filesystem via iFile and not knowing what you're doing (or installing incompatible tweaks), then you should be fine...

Jailbroke my iPhone a couple of years ago but not since iPhone 5. What other functionality can a jail broken IPAD offer?

Chocolatemilty

macrumors 6502a
May 17, 2009
Los Angeles, CA
Thinking of jailbreaking my mini

Jailbroke my iPhone a couple of years ago but not since iPhone 5. What other functionality can a jail broken IPAD offer?

Some of my favorite tweaks are f. lux (cold, regular screen colors in the daytime, warmer colors at night, reduces eye strain); swipeselection (swipe on keyboard to move cursor); anyattach (to attach any file to an email); bitesms (or quick reply and quick compose of iMessage anywhere),; sbsettings or NCsettings (for quick toggles); and LockDown Pro (which allows you to enter a "guest mode" that requires a password for certain apps when activated, for when a child or guest uses your iPad). These are the few I can't live without now as they make navigation and productivity that much better.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.