thinking of making the switch to iphone

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by stagfish, Nov 19, 2007.

1. stagfish macrumors newbie

ive been with verizon for 8 years and no complaints at all , but I really want the iphone , should I make the jump???? pls

2. Macgic macrumors 6502

Depends on what you do. If you want the iphone just to show off then i wouldn't switch, but if you think you would use safari, youtube, ical, etc then definitely. it is an amazing phone! i am not regretting. it replaced my old razr and iphone, without any problems.

YOU COULD ALWAYS UNLOCK?

3. dannofuzz macrumors newbie

I just left Verizon for the iPhone, and am extremely happy I did. In fact, the Verizon CS rep tried to keep me as a Verizon customer by telling me that they have a phone coming out that's supposedly "better than the iPhone". I just said "Yeah, OK. Please cancel my service anyway." The thing that caught me off guard after I switched is I called AT&T to get a different phone number than the one they assigned me when I activated the iPhone, and I got a real person who picked up after 1 ring! I was amazed! No automated menus or recordings. A very nice person who helped me get the number I wanted. Go figure. Also, I kind of live in a rural area and I get better reception than I did with Verizon. I still wonder how I got by before I had my iPhone. I constantly check and answer e-mail, check stocks. manage my Fantasy Football team, check the weather. I was going to buy a laptop, but I don't see the need. My iPhone does all those things I wanted a laptop for. So, to sum up...do it and don't look back.

4. stagfish thread starter macrumors newbie

great thank you for info...does the maps work well
    this

5. skubish macrumors 68030

skubish

Google maps works just the same as maps.google.com. Note that there is no gps on the iPhone.

6. autumnsong macrumors member

autumnsong

I was unsure about buying an iPhone because I was happy with T-Mobile and wasn't sure how much I would really use all of the features. I LOVE my iPhone! Just this weekend we used it to find out where the movie we wanted to see was playing, then got detailed directions to the theatre, all while sitting in a restaurant. I can't recommend it enough. :)

7. stagfish thread starter macrumors newbie

im sold on it , and cant wait till I get it...... can you stream xm online.... ive got a xm account and that would be sweet to listen to O&A

thank you everyone for your help!

Scott

8. FSUSem1noles macrumors 68000

FSUSem1noles

It all depends on you..

Fortunately, I was a Cingular customer, so I didn't have much of a risk factor, if I didn't like the iPhone I could just get rid of it and go on with my service on another phone...

You have a greater risk factor switching carriers.. not to mention that they lock you into a contract for 2 years..

I actually have no complaints with AT&T, they're customer service has always been very, very helpful and accommodating..

9. dannofuzz macrumors newbie

I'm not sure if you can stream XM on the iPhone. I have Sirius and I think I tried once to stream from the Sirius website and it didn't work. I think I needed a plug-in or something to make it work and Safari didn't have it, and I don't think you can install plug-ins into iPhone Safari.

The google maps application on the iPhone really is pretty sweet too. I was looking for the nearest ATM one day and it found me one right away! It also has a point-to-point step-by-step directions feature that is really cool and well done (especially when you're driving).

The other night at dinner we were trying to remember Tonto's horse's name (not sure why) but I pulled out my iPhone and googled it. Had it in 5 seconds! Great for those times when you want to find something out and it drives you nuts until you do. (His horse's name is Scout.)

10. stagfish thread starter macrumors newbie

what about the calender feature , now I use my treo and load all work and personal calender entrys on my desktop then sync. does the iphone have software that will allow me to do this?
    thanks

scott

11. Macgic macrumors 6502

ya if you have a mac you should have ical. which will sync up with it. if you have a pc i am not sure but it should hook up with outlook.

12. nickspohn macrumors 68040

nickspohn

13. adrianwjo macrumors newbie

Im pretty sure that there is an XM radio app you can get to stream the music, as long as you have an XM account. I had it on my cousins iPod touch through wifi.

14. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

You seriously replied to a thread from 2007?
    Yes there's an XM App now, not 3 years ago:rolleyes:

15. narimonk macrumors regular

narimonk

Lmfao, wow I just realized this thread was from '07. /facepalm