thinking of ordering touch (need protec case/other input)

Discussion in 'iPod touch Accessories' started by mrweirdo, Jan 16, 2008.

1. mrweirdo macrumors 6502

Well I waiting until after macworld just in case they updated the touch because I was hoping for a price drop or 32gb of storage. I'm still a little worried they could update the touch in feb even though its highly unlikely. I cant wait much longer anyways so I'm probably going to order a 16gb touch from amazon(not to worried about the $20 software update fee).

I'd also like to get some kind of a clear protector case for the touch and then some nice protector for the screen. I'm looking for case thats not huge so it still shows the touch off because frankly it was designed to be shown off :D

maybe the contour showcase:
    http://www.contourcase.com/showcase/showcasetouch/
    I'm not sure if i like the black rubber surround and the belt clip holes in the plastic as I probably wont use it.

Also will I be able to put a screen protector on with the case? I'm thinking of ordering this one at amazon.
    http://www.amazon.com/Premium-Ultra-Reusable-Protector-Cleaning/dp/B000WJ313W

Lastly I'm wondering about how the battery life is? and can itunes stay open when you're playing music making it easy to skip through tracks without much distraction? I use my current creative zen micro in the car alot and hit the next button on its touchpad. I'm thinking the touch should be similar.

Thanks for the input :)

2. ProwlingTiger macrumors 65816

ProwlingTiger

Originally, I planned to buy the XtremeMac tuffshield plus. But I got tired of waiting, went to Wal-Mart and bought a Griffin clear case. It snaps together nice, and includes a screen protector.

3. swiftman macrumors newbie

buy a invisible shield...

shieldzone.com

it protects from scratches better than anything out there... but it doesnt protect from shock.

i dont plan on dropping my touch a lot... but i could scratch it.

with the invisible shield... i like the idea of my touch looking the same but still having max scratch protection

4. stockcerts macrumors 65816

5. br1anc macrumors regular

i bought the DLO - HipCase Leather Folio
    [​IMG]
    love it. no complaints.

6. sashag macrumors newbie

wifi connection w/ case?

Does anyone know if the DLO Jam Jacket allows for a solid wifi connection? I have heard that some cases do not because the sensor is blocked, any ideas? Also, if not the Jam Jacket, what is the best case to protect against drops and provide a solid wifi connection? Thank you.

7. Dikkers macrumors member

Yep, me too. Also makes it a bit chunkier so easier to hold. Plus had wee pocket on inside for credit card so i only have to take that if im going shopping or something.

8. stockcerts macrumors 65816

I bought an invisible screen shield from Target, and bought an IClear case from Griffin. Happy with both.

9. maxcady macrumors newbie

If you haven't already bought the touch, read some reviews. Some thoughts can be found here:
    http://ipoddonttouch.wordpress.com/2007/09/

including a link to the ilounge review, which wasn't great. Also engadget gave it a sort of weak review.

I'm an early adopter of the touch and i haven't been overwhelmed by it. I was very happy by my first iPod - the 4G w/ photo and for quite a while became happier with it the more i used it. I can't say the same for the touch and with this $20 charge for the update I'm especially disgruntled. But that charge shouldn't affect you if you buy a new touch with the update included.

If you did purchase it then enjoy. Its a nice device and if it you're happy with it then don't sweat the details.

I have yet to buy a case for mine. I don't mind the back getting scratched up and I don't think the glass front needs protection.

10. Jecko024 macrumors member

Jecko024

Personally, I have had both the clear griffin case, and the black agent 18 case, and much prefer the agent 18 case.....and love it.

11. laokai macrumors member

I got a Sena pouch from the Apple store, which is actually advertised for the iPhone, but the Touch fits nicely in it. I didn't want my Touch to be in a case all the time. I also got the Power Support films to protect the screen and back. I'm really happy with this combo so far.

http://tinyurl.com/34d3k8

12. juanster macrumors 68020

juanster

I got the plastic griffin case and I am waiting on invisible shields right now

13. RobT macrumors 6502a

RobT

I bought one of these off of Amazon. No problem with WiFi, price was fair, and it works great.

14. tycsteel macrumors newbie

im a big fan of the griffin iclear case walmart has them for $14 and its great comes with a screen protector and keeps your already small ipod small unlike some cases

15. apachie2k macrumors 6502

apachie2k

I has an agent 18 case and its great! (its clear by the way)

16. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

I did buy the touch last week off amazon. The only downside is the new apps aren't included supposedly but I should have enough in itunes to pay for it since i never buy music on there anyways.

As far as the case after much consideration i wound up going with a contour showcase and then a screen protective film that came as a combo deal from amazon with the touch. Both have which arrived already...now I'm just waiting on the touch since amazon decided to push the shipping date back on me a few times...

hopefully i will be basking in :apple: touch glory soon to match my mac :D

17. maxcady macrumors newbie

18. bodhammer macrumors member

Seconded

19. Osprey macrumors 6502

So would you advise against buying the an iPod Touch? I was going to order one for my husband tomorrow for our anniversary, but I am not sure now. How does the sound compare to the Classics? Maybe I should just buy him one of the Classics.... I have not had an opportunity to play with one.

20. mrweirdo thread starter macrumors 6502

thanks for the stand idea. I was thinking about going to down home depot to pick up some Plexiglas so i cam mold it into a custom stand. Those look so good I might just order one instead :D

21. PNW macrumors regular

Depends on what he'll want to use it for. The touch sounds great to me on my Bose tri-port head phones at work, but if all he really cares about is music then the classic is the better option simply because it has 10X the storage. The touch however ever has a better screen for video, can surf the web, is a great PDA, and there's the coolness factor to the touch screen (at least if you're a gadget geek). They are really 2 different animals.

22. mackip macrumors newbie

Yea as some had mentioned. Personally you should wait atleast 2-3 months after CES 2008. Ipod Touch is being stomped on now with the other competitors making the Ipod Touch practically outdated. Although Apple may have set the standard with the wifi and itunes but if you consider about sound quality and compatibilities, it'll still need work. I'll say this though, Ipod Touch is a great standard for general usage if you're around WiFi constantly.

But if you insist yea, wait until they upgrade the flash memory.

As for me, I'm waiting for the upcoming Cowon D3.

23. Tom B. macrumors 65816

Tom B.

I would recommend the Incase Protective Cover, or iPod socks. When I get an iPod touch, I know I will be choosing between those two. They both (well, the Incase one at least) provide better drop protection than any plastic case will, which is important because impact damage is the biggest threat to the iPod touch.