Thinking of replacing the classic with a new Touch

Discussion in 'iPod' started by venom600, May 28, 2019.

1. venom600 macrumors 6502a

My library in iTunes is at roughly 165GB thanks to a ton of ALAC files. Up until now, the only way to get an iPod larger than 160GB was to buy a Classic and swap the HD for a larger SD card. Now there's a 256GB iPod Touch with all the benefits of the iOS music interface (say what you will, but it's significantly better at managing large libraries than the old click wheel), Wifi so you never have to connect it to your computer, and bluetooth for use with new headphones. The price even seems reasonable for the storage at $399. Why shouldn't I put the Classic to bed finally and upgrade? Are there any benefits of the Classic over the Touch anymore?

2. MattA macrumors 6502

MattA

The only benefit that I can think of with the Classic over the Touch is the ability to change tracks without looking on the Classic. It's easier to navigate when you can't look, unless you have some sort of remote (apple watch might get around that with the music app). I've thought about the new Touch pretty hard just because of the large size and low price.

3. Ferc Kast macrumors 6502

Ferc Kast

Apple Watch only interacts with the iPhone, and not with the new Touch.

4. VirtuallyInsane macrumors newbie

VirtuallyInsane

I use my classic for all my music stored in iTunes thats not from Apple Music and I use the touch for music that’s synced to Apple Music. That makes sense for me.

5. MattA macrumors 6502

MattA

Yep, true. I stand corrected.