Thinking of returning iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Tips, Help and Troubleshooting' started by Bookmonke, Aug 8, 2010.

1. Bookmonke macrumors newbie

I love this phone but reception really sucks bad in my office, the 3Gs worked great there, but overall it works great. My question is does my 2 year contract go back to original start date since I would be two years next June.

2. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

Yes.

3. Bookmonke thread starter macrumors newbie

Good to know, thanks. Just going to be hard to part with phone.

4. trstahly macrumors newbie

proximity sensor

I am on my third iPhone 4 and am buying a Blackberry Torch on the 12th when they are released. I have had every iPhone since the day they came out but this one is only usable on speaker sitting on your counter or desk. The proximity sensors are so defective that the screen does not always turn off and you constantly put callers on pause, hold, or speaker phone. I cannot tell you how many times this has happened with all three phones. You're talking and all of a sudden it is on speaker and you are accidentally calling another contact in your phone it is a mess. It sometimes happens five six seven times in the same call. Some of the senior analyst’s have admitted to a proximity sensor issue they are researching but as a twenty-four year Apple customer who has bought approx. one hundred mac's I am done with them. When they lie and cover up instead of facing a problem they have stepped up to a new level that is not the Apple I love and was loyal too. They too now put short term profit ahead of integrity. When you have fifty-billion in cash in the bank I would not think that the integrity route would be that hard to figure out for the best long term good of the company and it's customers.

5. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

The Prox sensor issue is addressed with the 4.1 update.
    But to leave an i4 for a BB Torch is like going from a Porche to a Kia:D
    Its a complete downgrade on every aspect.
    Your choice though....

6. lrbello macrumors newbie

Iphone 4 take 3

I am also on my 3 Iphone 4. Since I waste so much $ with AT&T i got a 3g Micro cell for free. I know why its free cause it doesn't work. #1 overheated by itself and got an error message. #2 got wet by installing Ghost Armor. Ghost Armor replaced my phone so thats was cool. But still stuck with the same issue, reception and proximity sensor. Also seems like AT&T has a timer, droppes a call after 20 min. But it does not matter to apple or AT&T cause they still making millions.

7. anonymouz1828 macrumors regular

I got iphone 4 july 28 and return 3 days later. I had only problem with antenna but I m thinking to buy again mid august.

8. cjm3113 macrumors 6502

If you have problems with the proximity sensor while you talk, just lock the phone.

9. petvas macrumors 601

petvas

My iPhone 4 works perfectly, so I cannot understand or share your frustration. Just think though, that the Torch sucks big time...at least try to find a phone that is better than a blackberry...

10. Boca macrumors 6502

11. markrivers macrumors 6502a

markrivers

it's not really a good comparison since both the Porsche and the Kia can move you from point A to point B.
    as for iphone4 and torch.. one can call from point A to point B while the other one tends to be moody at times.;)

i think the problem is WE assume that we all have the same definition of better or BEST.
    i will be buying the torch ( after owning the 3G for 2 years)
    because for me, the physical keyboard and the LED notification is far more important than the multimedia experience.

and i own an ipod touch.. probably an ipad soon
    so having an iphone 4 is ..for lack of a better term Redundant.

12. Applejuiced macrumors Westmere

Applejuiced

LMAO :D
    True, Im talking about the hardware, screen, ram memory, processor speed etc...
    Its all below what the iphone 4 has to offer and not to mention the crappy and slow blackberry OS :)