THINKING of RETURNING my alum macbook [SCREEN]

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by EnderTW, Oct 23, 2008.

1. EnderTW macrumors 6502

So far the laptop is great. One big problem is the screen. Why couldn't Apple put the same screen in the Macbook Air, aren't they the same size?

Overall the laptop is great, it's just when sitting down at the office, I have to constantly adjust the screen angle to remove the "white film like" thing over the screen.

I don't know how to explain it.

People who say to calibrate it, doesn't understand. you can't calibrate a higher contrast ratio while keeping colors true.

Apple please stop artificially keeping the macbook below its possibilities.

:(

Hopefully Apple will allow people to "upgrade" the screen. I'd be willing to send it back to apple and pay 150$ for a better 13 inch lcd.(led)

2. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

You apparently didn't realize this has been posted like a billion times here already.

Anyway, I think you should just keep the product and get used to the screen. You will like it more the more you use it.

3. EnderTW thread starter macrumors 6502

Actually my biggest gripe is that "white screen film" effect. Fix that, and I'll be happy.

4. yourdream macrumors regular

5. hogfaninga macrumors 65816

hogfaninga

Don't listen to the others. Do what you want to do. If it bothers you so much it will only bother you more later on.

6. EnderTW thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess mathcolo, it's an issue then. Hopefully Apple will take notice.

I do like the product but for someone who has used MBP's all his life, the MB screen is eeek. ;0

7. mathcolo macrumors 6502a

I agree... you're right. Apple probably should've put a better display on. Personally I love glossy screens so I don't normally think they are that bad.

8. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

Went to the Apple store the other day, and the Macbook Pro screens look awesome not to shiny at all, it looks like the new imac display.

But the 13inch Macbook all of them had that white fuzzy washed out look, and the viewing angles made everything look like a negative image when you viewed from the sides.

I think the macbook has cheaper screens. But it's a cheaper product, why do consumers need a good screen anyway? I bet they don't even know what it is...... Like Firewire.

9. ti2ibal1 macrumors member

I guess I don't know what's going on with these "screen issues". I do understand that it's glossy and reflective, but I don't have any issues with it. I personally think it looks amazing.

10. fuzzielitlpanda macrumors 6502a

same here. actually, i did notice that it looked a little bright, so i did a calibration myself and it looks great to my eyes.

11. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

The Glossy Reflective part is not the problem, because the 15 inch Pro models look fine. The 13 inch looks like a weird white snow on them under the glass on the actual LCD.

If glossy is a issue just grab a Power Support cover screen protector.

12. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

argh stop complaining, get a mbp if screen is such an issue

13. staccato83 macrumors 6502a

staccato83

OP, I think you should take it back...

I was at Best Buy the other day and they have the new Macbook right next to the MBA and you can really tell there is a white haze on the Macbook screen. It's like the MB has cataracts. ;)

14. iSpoody 1243 macrumors 6502

thats what you call a bad viewing angle, there very common on hp laptops. its not that bad, the only way to see it is if your not sitting in front of your macbook,

15. NT1440 macrumors G4

NT1440

soooo uhh.....was this one of those things you coulda noticed by taking 5 minutes to play with a demo model at the store?......

just askin........

(its a different story if you bought online, but still, theres hundreds of reviews and its not like none of these things havent been brought up)

16. Chaos123x macrumors 68000

The white haze is not from the viewing angle.

17. manny23lakeshow macrumors newbie

I actually just returned my macbook, due to the screen, and it had some other issues~ the white spotlight effect on the bottom of the screen... so annoying.

Exchanged it for a macbook pro, the screen is huge and beautiful! however I miss the small size of the macbook.