Thinking of selling MBAIR

Discussion in 'MacBook Air' started by AMDGAMER, Apr 10, 2011.

1. AMDGAMER macrumors 6502

I haven't used the MBAIR as much as I thought I would...so I'm thinking of selling it, THINKING of selling it..not decided yet!

However, what are some good ways to sell? I don't really like ebay, are there any stores that buy used? mac stores? apple stores? I know I won't get incredible value, but its only 3 months old barely used...I paid 1450 for it, I would guess 1000 isn't too far off for what I could get for it based on refurbs...

ideas?

2. Kiedoy macrumors member

if you're looking for the most money back ebay is probably your best bet. However you have to take into account ebay AND paypal each take their cut

3. mayhone1 macrumors regular

Any pictures and specs to go with that price?

4. guitardave62000 macrumors regular

I'm going through the same thing, trying to sell base Air with 4gb to upgrade to the ultimate 11". I put mine on craigslist first to see if I could get any bites without having to deal with all the eBay fees. As long as you know how to filter through the e-mails and be careful about it, craigslist is fine. If I don't find anyone in the next few weeks I'll probably just bite the bullet and put it on eBay. Any buy back programs out there either aren't very reliable or truly rip you off.

5. AMDGAMER thread starter macrumors 6502

I guess keeping it is the best bet...rather than losing money.

6. TheXFactor macrumors regular

It took me a week to sell my MB on CL. Bam, done. Took me several months to sell something (not Mac related). So, I guess it all depends on how patient you are willing to be.

7. negatv1 macrumors 6502

eBay will get it sold, albeit with the associated fees. But, with a huge market of potential buyers, you'll likely get the most money there. Having good pics, and good seller feedback will definitely help.

Craigslist is great if you live in an area where Craigslist is busy and active. Of course, then there are always issues with having to meet up and other general sketchiness. But, no fees.

8. Chopstick217 macrumors regular

Chopstick217

I would try craigslist before eBay because eBay has ridiculous fees.

9. gri macrumors 6502a

gri

10. GGJstudios macrumors Westmere

GGJstudios

It's ok to ask how and where to sell. It's not ok to ask pricing advice or offer to sell outside the Marketplace.