Thinking of selling MBP, advice needed for upgrade

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by offthehook, Mar 18, 2013.

1. offthehook macrumors member

Hey guys!

Planning to sell my MBP 13'' 5,5 (2009) with 9400m
    upgraded to 8 gigs of ram and ssd/hdd combo via optibay.
    and upgrade to the 2012 quad core mac mini.

Is this a good option for me? I'm using the Adobe Creative Suite 6 (mainly After Effects, Photoshop, Illustrator and Indesign), doing some sporadic video encoding as well.
    Not much of a gamer on OSX but want to run Starcraft II and Diablo 3 (both barely running on my MBP)

Not really NEEDING the upgrade but thought I'd sell my MBP as long as I can still get some bucks for it. Is 450 Euros (approx. 580 $) appropriate?

Many thanks for your help

2. xShane macrumors 6502a

xShane

If you don't need an upgrade, then why upgrade?

By buying a new machine that you don't need, you're going to lose more money in the long run than by keeping your current machine.

3. offthehook thread starter macrumors member

hey shane!

well honestly the hardware is pretty outdated by now (core 2 duo and especially that 9400m which was introduced in 2008 if I'm correct).
    true I would have to invest some extra $ for the upgrade but I won't be able to get much for my current setup in a year or so. So I thought: Why shouldn't I sell it as long as I'm able to get some cash for it and invest in new hardware. The MBP is 3 years old now, so APC is gone as well. Could fail me any day and then I won't be able to get 100 for it.

thanks for your input

best regards