Thinking of selling my Pippin Prototype?

Discussion in 'Apple Collectors' started by Sly, Mar 31, 2012.

1. Sly macrumors 6502

Sly

So, I think its time to move my Pippin proto on, I'm not using it and its hidden in a cupboard not being enjoyed.

This is a developers project unit with internal HD where the CD drive normally sits. It has the pre-release Kinka ROM allowing it to boot from anything including the external mac, internal HD and the floppy drive. Its also set up to play any OS7 PPC game not just Pippin titles. Comes with Prototype floppy drive, proto controller, @world keyboard, modem and ADC to pippin converter cable to allow connection of Mac peripherals. It also has the rare 16mb RAM module on board and an unreleased browser on the HD.

What's it worth do you think? Is there still a market for these, I'm kind of out of touch these days?

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

2. Yujenisis macrumors 6502

There's gotta be a market, but what kind of price I do not know. It seems like any Apple collector would feel pretty rad having that set to really fill in the niches of some of Apple's stranger product decisions.

Thank you so much for sharing. That is so awesome. :D

3. macalec macrumors 6502

pippin prototype-developer model

Hello

I have one of these, and unfortunately it seems that there is not really a big market-- I am not sure why. It could be that it is kind of an Apple product, but kind of not....

4. gkarris macrumors 604

gkarris

Apple Prototype Collectors, definitely - you'd need to sell it on a site with wide exposure such as eBay....

I collect mainly retail stuff.

I have the Apple Retail version still new in box I bought on clearence.

5. mkjj macrumors 6502a

mkjj

Love to see pics of that!

6. Sly thread starter macrumors 6502

Sly

Thanks everyone, I'm going to stick it on ebay this weekend with a reserve, see how it does? If it doesn't sell I'll put it back in to hiding for a few more years.