Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Hey guys,
After spending the whole weekend staining furniture and re-doing my house. I have decided an iMac is whats needed for my bedroom. So the MBP is going back and I am going to pick up a 24" iMac. Now, I have to get it at Best Buy because thats where the MBP is getting returned too. My question is I think they only have the models with the Nvidia graphics that have 256MB. Will this hinder my gaming? I boot into Windows 7 to play L4D all the time. My MBP can run it at everything set to high(shaders medium). I just need some advice to get the same machine in iMac form.

Luba

macrumors 68000
Apr 22, 2009
You can get the 3.06 Ghz iMac with GT 130 512MB, just have Best Buy order it. Best Buys near me don't have them in stock in the store but in their warehouse.

Hey guys,
After spending the whole weekend staining furniture and re-doing my house. I have decided an iMac is whats needed for my bedroom. So the MBP is going back and I am going to pick up a 24" iMac. Now, I have to get it at Best Buy because thats where the MBP is getting returned too. My question is I think they only have the models with the Nvidia graphics that have 256MB. Will this hinder my gaming? I boot into Windows 7 to play L4D all the time. My MBP can run it at everything set to high(shaders medium). I just need some advice to get the same machine in iMac form.

Chad H

macrumors 6502a
Original poster
Feb 13, 2008
Auburn, AL
Well what I didn't know is if it would make that much difference. If the iMac was that much faster or any at all.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.