Thinking of switching to iphone from blackberry

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Acorn, Aug 13, 2009.

1. Acorn macrumors 68020

Acorn

my current plan is verizon with a blackberry storm. the storm is so aweful. Its such a piece of crap. Not wanting to give up on blackberry I switched to a blackberry curve. Even still, now the web surfing sucks. the good part is my contract is up in 2 months.

Im thinking I want an :apple: iphone. Ive surfed on an ipod touch before and it was really great. Email was pretty cool also. it served its purpose. should I pull the trigger?

so how is your experience with your iphone. good or bad. would you recommend one to someone.

2. Unspoken Demise macrumors 68040

Unspoken Demise

Get it.
    And come play with us.
    [​IMG]

But really, I would suggest the iPhone, if, and only if, you think you can maintain it, and you are not OCD as hell. I think its a good decision, but do some more personal research in these 2 months, just to make sure you're making the right decision. Maybe go to the App Store and see whats there, and see if apps are something you're interested in.

3. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

If you're *all about* email, I probably wouldn't get an iPhone.

Otherwise, get an iPhone. Especially if you're into media (music, video, games, etc.).

4. Outrigger macrumors 68000

Outrigger

I have the ipod touch and have used it for emailing. I'm also currently on a BB, the Tour which has the best keyboard IMO. However, I've been on the BB for years and want more multimedia and app support which I believe the iphone is the best. However, a few things lacking on the iphone is stopping me from the jump. Biggest is notification and second is multitasking which are two things at the top of my list. Hoping the 4th gen iphone will include these features, I will make the jump and eat the ETF since I just left ATT for Sprint. The speed on the 3GS is also extremely tempting.

5. countrydweller macrumors 6502

countrydweller

I had a BB 8820 and switched to an iphone. It took me a while to get use to it, but I like it now. I went to the AT&T store to play with an iphone a few times before switching.

6. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

since I own a ipod touch I already have bunches of apps that ive bought. which I guess is a positive. One of the things that has always bothered me about my ipod touch was being stuck to wifi only. so many apps are better when you have net everywhere rather then just wifi spots.

7. cellocello macrumors 68000

cellocello

ya man, if you like your Touch already, and can see yourself using it as a phone, you're more than half way there.

just do it ... you'll love having Touch style internet everywhere.

8. leomac08 macrumors 68020

leomac08

i own an ipod touch, but i have a blackberry, so i really have no use for the iphone, espicially since umma get the ipod touch 3G very soon.

So it's up to u?

iphone is really for almost everybody

blackberry is for business, and some other people that "think" blackberry is cool:D

9. Goodeye macrumors 6502a

Goodeye

I was in the same boat as you and had the storm with verizon.

I just switched last week and havn't looked back!

10. Acorn thread starter macrumors 68020

Acorn

Goodeye, my jealousy of you won me over. I just ordered a iphone 32gb 3gs. my plans will overlap by 2 months but I dont care. I am so unhappy with the blackberry experience I had to bail without waiting.

now comes even more waiting when you order stuff online.

11. fishstacks macrumors member

If you buy a blackberry the terrorists will win.