Thinking of Switching to the Pixel 3XL but...

Discussion in 'Alternatives to iOS and iOS Devices' started by ILowry82, Oct 12, 2018.

1. ILowry82 macrumors 6502

I’m not sure I can give up the Apple Watch. It’s leaps and bounds better than any Wear OS or Samsung watch. Anyone else feel the same way? It’s literally the only thing keeping me from switching

2. Roadstar macrumors 65816

Roadstar

At least for me my main SIM would be in an Android device if it weren’t for the Apple Watch. So far I haven’t found anything equally good. Maybe someday if also Google Pay or Samsung Pay landed here.

3. AustinIllini macrumors demi-goddess

AustinIllini

Tough choice. Ecosystems are very difficult and expensive to switch.

4. DMVillain macrumors 6502a

Literally the only thing keeping me in the ecosystem now.

5. Cryates macrumors 68020

Cryates

It’s the only thing that brought me back to the ecosystem. There’s just no comparative substitute on the Android side from A-to-Z.

6. Breaking Good macrumors 65816

Get two phones. Problem solved.

7. IdentityCrisis Suspended

Felt the same way. I had the S3 Gear, and Galaxy watch, and both are almost basic vs the apple watch which has so many more features and apps that support it.

8. dumastudetto macrumors 68040

If you care about the tech strapped to your wrist, nothing really comes close to Apple Watch.

Apple is very smart to refuse to make Apple Watch play with android.

9. 770yd Suspended

770yd

I have the LTE version of the Series 4. What’s to stop you from just leaving it in LTE mode all the time?

10. Nikhil72 macrumors 65816

What does it sync to? Where do you review your workout and activity history? You eliminate the benefits of iMessage, FaceTime audio, apple podcasts...makes minimal sense.

And I agree. I spent hours trying to figure out an android comparable one for workouts, music, and smart function to no avail and cancelled my pixel preorder. My Apple Watch has been pretty essential (including for disconnecting from my phone like at the gym but still being reachable for emergencies).

11. 770yd Suspended

770yd

Sorry. I was thinking you would keep your iPhone too, like I am doing. If I go out with my Pixel, the iPhone will stay at home. I’ll still have full connectivity that way, since my Series 4 is the LTE variant. After a workout or a day of doing whatever, I’ll still be syncing to my iPhone X.