Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Trekker24689

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
HI

I have an Mid2011 Imac which is still ok but i am just browsing at updating it and looking at a couple in 2 places (Amazon and Argos) but was not sure of the differences in them.

Argos Imac

Amazon Imac

The Amazon one is 3Gz compared to the Argos 3.6 and the Argos has I5 Core compared to the Amazon I3.

Am not really which is better Not a great differnce in price.

Any help would be appreciated. Am not going out to buy tomorrow.

Juicy Box

macrumors 604
Sep 23, 2014
The iMac is posed to be updated in a few weeks.

According to who?

Maybe I missed some rumors, but I don't remember seeing anything about an updated iMac.

I doubt there will be an update to the iMac anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a new iMac until 2021.
[automerge]1579034904[/automerge]
Thanks for the reply. I will be waiting but didnt know they are updating soon.
I don't think we will see new iMacs for a while, but if you are okay with your Mid 2011, I would stick with that for a while. At least while Apple is still updating security on the OS.

Maybe even after then if you are still okay with the performance of the machine.

Last edited:

Trekker24689

macrumors member
Original poster
Apr 10, 2012
According to who?

Maybe I missed some rumors, but I don't remember seeing anything about an updated iMac.

I doubt there will be an update to the iMac anytime soon. I wouldn't be surprised if we didn't get a new iMac until 2021.

I don't think we will see new iMacs for a while, but if you are okay with your Mid 2011, I would stick with that for a while. At least while Apple is still updating security on the OS.

Maybe even after then if you are still okay with the performance of the machine.

Maybe. I play Football manager on it and its a little slow when using other programs and the graphics are not great on mine for the game. I play on dulled down graphics. Its the only game i play on it.
[automerge]1579036231[/automerge]

Hexley

Suspended
Jun 10, 2009
Upon looking at the buyer's guide it appears that Apple does not follow the 9-12 month upgrade cycle of their Mac notebooks with the desktops.

So an update may arrive October-December 2020.

Mac mini & iMac Pro are big unknowns also.

My hope is the next iMac will feature a 32" display at 6K or 8K resolution.

According to who?

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.