Thinking of upgrading from Touch to iPhone

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by myuserid08, Feb 19, 2009.

  1. myuserid08 macrumors 6502

    Mar 15, 2008
    I'm currently carrying two items around with me, the phone and iPod touch. I would like to combine the two and go for the 16gb iPhone.
    I've heard that there may be a refresh due, anyone got any ideas when that will be. I don't want an exact date (Q1, Q2 etc). Also what are the chances of a 32gb, I take it I would have to pay more than the current 16gb?

    What are your thoughts, should I go for it now while the prices are fairly cheap?
  2. benflick macrumors 68020


    Jul 11, 2008
    Cincinnati, Ohio
    Get it now. Enjoy it. If another version of additional storage is added to the iPhone, upgrade to it if need be.
  3. BergerFan macrumors 68020


    Mar 6, 2008
    Mos Eisley
    I did the same thing almost a year ago, with the first gen touch and iPhone. I love the convergence of the iPhone.
    I've lost count the amount of times I see people on the underground or bus, listening to an iPod touch or Nano, whilst holding another phone in hand too.
    Now, I understand that people have their various reasons for doing that, but for me, having only one gadget to worry about/charge, is wonderful.
  4. acfusion29 macrumors 68040


    Nov 8, 2007
    A new iPhone will probably be announced in June, and will launch in July. Just buy one now, do you really want to wait until July to get an iPhone? :D
  5. rayward macrumors 68000

    Mar 13, 2007
    Houston, TX
    Lots of rumours posted in this forum and on the main site. 32GB is a possibility, as is a processor upgrade and bump in screen resolution. Also, some people are hoping for a front side camera lens for video conferencing and a myriad other things. Don't think anyone expects to get copy 'n' paste though.

    Bottom line, if your current Touch is good enough for you, a 16GB iPhone will be too. Get one now and enjoy it. Your contract should be nearly up by the time of the next upgrade after this one, in July '10.
  6. Four20 macrumors 6502a


    Sep 22, 2007
    I agree with the above. Just go ahead and get it now. 3G iPhones sell for at least 500 on ebay(still!)
  7. northy014 macrumors regular

    Aug 26, 2008
    Look for the summer before a new iPhone is released. August maybe?
  8. Tokiopop macrumors 68000


    Dec 6, 2008
    West Yorkshire, UK
    IMO you should get one now. If a new one comes out that you REALLY want, just jailbreak and unlock (to get more money) the iPhone, and sell on eBay. You'll get at least £50 extra just for doing a 10 minute process :p

    Oh, and then buy the new one of course :D
  9. myuserid08 thread starter macrumors 6502

    Mar 15, 2008
    Thanks for the advice everyone.
    Just ordered the 16GB, should be here Monday :D
  10. maryannee macrumors regular

    Feb 21, 2009
    I had the Sprint Touch and then the Diamond. Last week I purchased the iphone. The screen is awesome and very easy to use. Why did I wait so long to get the iphone. This phone just works right out of the box.
  11. ajohnson253 macrumors 68000


    Jun 16, 2008

Share This Page