Thinking on buying a 2011 Macbook Pro.

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Liquinn, May 26, 2011.

1. Liquinn Suspended

Hey all, I'm thinking on buying a refurbished Macbook Pro 13" for 850 UK pounds.

It sounds like a lot of money but I can use the money I'm saving to buy Applecare. I've always wanted a Mac but... I'm not sure whether I should part with the money.

I will probably upgrade it to 8gb of RAM and a TB of hard drive space for sure too.

Is this a good machine to photo edit and convert videos on?

The things that are persuading me about buying is:

Resale value
    Photoshop should work well with it
    Dual boot OSX and Windows
    Little virus problems etc etc

What should I do?

Thanks

2. sioannou macrumors member

sioannou

Search the forums before posting?

3. HBOC macrumors 68020

If you don't need a lighting quick machine to edit video on, it will work. Throw in an SSD and more RAM and you will notice a huge difference.

4. gmans46 macrumors regular

yea this isnt exactly difficult stuff here research prices if its worth your budget get the laptop easy as that.

5. punchwalk macrumors regular

If you're highly convinced that you want to try out a Mac notebook, you might want to shop around for a 2010 model. You'll get a lower price and the 2010 13" was a great machine and should be sufficiently upgradeable for your needs.

The MBP is expensive but, in most regards, you get what you pay for.

I wouldn't use resale value as a strong factor in my decision if I were you; MBPs keep their value better than many other laptops but still not enough to counter the initial cost.

6. Liquinn thread starter Suspended

Yeah true, the 2010 model is for only 50 pounds difference and has the old core 2 Duo ;(