Thinking to buy the 6 Plus but I strictly use Portrait mode on my current iPhone...

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by soniasim, Sep 23, 2014.

1. soniasim macrumors member

soniasim

Considering what I mention in the title, is it really worth getting it? I've been reading the forums since launch day and most people mention that it's a pleasure to use while in landscape mode, but I never use my 5c in that mode and don't plan to start using it, if I get the 6 Plus (I don't even use it on my iPad).

I am not planning to get rid of the iPad, as it's getting more use than the iPhone during the day... I am just considering the 6 Plus for those times I am out and about, doing what I normally do on my iPad. But I am just not sure that the fonts in long articles for example, are that much bigger that it makes it worthy.

Is there anyone that has the 6 Plus and doesn't use landscape mode and has noticed a big difference in reading long articles, pdf's etc?

Thank you in advance!

2. maflynn Moderator

maflynn

Staff Member

I only use my phone in portrait mode, and plan on using the plus on portrait mode.

True landscape mode on the plus offers some extra advantages, but I think usability wise, I'll be having it portrait. I think the larger display offers enough advantages that its worth it regardless of how you hold it.

3. Shasta McNasty macrumors 6502a

Shasta McNasty

I only use my 6+ in portrait mode and it's been perfect. No excuse to not get the 6+.

4. soniasim thread starter macrumors member

soniasim