Thinking to switch to Android,i have some Questions.

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by bo-waleed, Oct 27, 2011.

1. bo-waleed macrumors 6502

First off,this topic is not about ios vs android.

1)i have sone contacts on my iphone which is not in the SIM card,i have these contacts on my MBP in Address book. Any way to transfer these to the new android phone ?

2)if i connect the phone to my MBP it will treat it like an SD card,right ?(so i can copy,move and delete files)

3) Will i miss anything good from my iphone 4 ? (not 4s)

Thanks for answering

2. FreakinEurekan macrumors 68040

FreakinEurekan

Probably, but an Android forum would give you better info about that.

Are you talking about your iPhone 4 or your Android phone? Your iPhone 4 will show as an external drive where you can get at pictures/videos from the camera roll, everything else is synced only through iTunes or 3rd party software like iExplorer. If you want to know how your Android phone will work, again, find an Android forum for that info.

3. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

1. Export them from Address Book as a CSV and import them into Google Contacts.

2. Yes. You may have to enable it on the phone when you plug it in, but it isn't difficult or time consuming.

3. You might miss the quality of the screen and the responsiveness of apps and the OS, depending on which phone you get.

4. EmbraceTheOne macrumors 6502a

Why not just Manually put them in the phone? Shouldn't take too long.

As long as its only a few.

5. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

Galaxy nexus maybe.

6. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Even if it is only a few, it is much easier to import them automatically than it is to type them all in manually.

----------

I've heard that the screen on the Nexus is good, but not great. The iP4's is probably still better.

7. PhoneI macrumors 65816

Yes. However since I never met you, don't know who you are, don't know what your requirements are, how you use your device, style of apps you like, usage patterns.......I might not have enough info to give a good answer

8. djarpit macrumors regular

so i made the move few weeks back to samsung galaxy s2.

there seems to be a void somewhere even though I think galaxy s2 is an awesome phone. Every morning i wake up and debate whether to keep this or not keep it. And to tell you the truth I'm two week sin and I still cant decide.

There seems to be something thats holding me back. But again there seems to be something that makes me wanna go back to the iphone.

9. Tarzanman macrumors 65816

Humor me.

Why would a display with a larger size, better colors, more brightness, gorilla glass protecting it be WORSE than the iphone4?

Denial ain't just a river in Egypt, bud.

-EDIT-
    removed higher resolution, forgot we weren't talking about the galaxy nexus

10. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

Resolution isn't everything: pixel density will still be less than the iP4.

Size is all about personal preference.

The SAMOLED+ is often said the be over saturated, and after having owned a SGSII, I agree. It looks good, but the colors are not accurate.

iPhone 4 has gorilla glass as well.

11. djarpit macrumors regular

be careful you are on a mac forum looking for android opinions there are some people who religiously believe in apple and you might not get a clear answer.

12. Metal Dice macrumors regular

Metal Dice

You will miss the user experience. I was an iPhone user, switched to Android and then back to iPhone. In the end, what really matters is the user experience, and while some Android phones really are good, none of them are great when it comes to the entire user experience. It is what really matters, and Apple has nailed it.

13. bo-waleed thread starter macrumors 6502

i lol'd .

don't worry i already got my answer which i care the most. (the contacts)

14. jcorbin macrumors 6502a

i've had tons of smart phones. started with windows mobile, then BlackBerry.

then i found the iphone in 2007. then 3g then 3gs. then i strayed and had several android devices. now i'm back with the 4s. my main reason for leaving and coming back was the requirement of having a pc/mac to sync your phone to. now that i don't need that and my phone can truly be an independent device i'm back for good baby

15. juswest macrumors regular

The standard Apple answer. You guys need new lines. I loved my 3G, love my Galaxy S2. Both phones just work to quote the boards.

16. sentinelsx macrumors 68010

Or maybe it is their opinions based on their experience? Still not a fact, but if something works best for them you won't see them praising the other.

17. hexon macrumors member

You'll probably miss the itunes integration, battery life, push notifications for some apps, and stability of the OS.

I came fram android, and really liked it. But I just wanted something with more stability and better battery. I don't regret switching from android, I just miss some of the features.