Thinner phone or better battery life?

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by predwas, Nov 7, 2014.

?

Thinner phone or better battery life?

1. Thinner phone, same batter life.

4 vote(s)
    14.8%
  2. Thicker phone, better battery life.

23 vote(s)
    85.2%
  1. predwas macrumors member

The other thread on this subject made me curious what is the consensus among this community. Would you like the iPhone to be a little thicker if it meant a significantly better battery life or are you perfectly happy with the current battery life of iPhones and would prefer the phone kept getting thinner and thinner?

2. HenryDJP macrumors 603

Each new iPhone has been thinner than it's predecessor yet the battery life has been about the same across the board with the exception of the iPhone 6 Plus which is also very thin but has longer battery life than most previous iPhones, so it's not a question of giving up battery life for thinness.

3. yaboyac29 macrumors 6502a

give me a phone as thick as the iPhone 4/4S and give me double the battery life.

4. predwas thread starter macrumors member

But the question is, would you want better battery life than what has been the norm? Not just the same. To do that, they'd most likely have to make it thicker (or stop making them thinner) or bigger (6 Plus).

5. opfreak macrumors regular

i'd like the phone to not have a flat back. the moto x fits the hand much nicer.

6. eclipse01 macrumors 68020

eclipse01

I will be the one (and probably only) person to choose same battery/ thinner.

Not because I want a super thin phone, but because I seriously think the IP6 battery life is fine. Of course I also have a desk job and it sits on the charger all day, and by the time I get back to work i'm only down to about 70% at most before its back on the charger.

Edit: of course right as I made this post I see someone else voted :-/