Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Justin Luck

macrumors regular
Original poster
Mar 3, 2011
Just because we don't agree with certain aspects of the design or features does not mean we are not interested in the device or telling others not to buy it. I may very well purchase the iPad 2, but I should still be allowed to voice constructive criticisms.

firestarter

macrumors 603
Dec 31, 2002
Green and pleasant land
I agree that we won't really know how it feels until we hold it. But my main point is, the original iPad feels fine. Does it really feel too thick for some people?

I agree. People seem to think that thin is all good - but I'm not sure that it is.

It's now too thin to have an SD card slot.

The original iPad has tinny mono sound with no bass. This will probably have a smaller speaker and sound worse. If they miniaturised the internals to make it thinner - I'd rather they used the space they freed up to put two slightly larger speakers in.

LiloThePleo

macrumors 6502
Aug 8, 2010
No reason to be snarky. Calm down a bit, this is a friendly forum to exchange ideas and opinions. That's why I wrote IMHO what means in my humble opinion signifying that it is just my opinion, nothing more:rolleyes:

The becel size has been discussed here and your point is valid that a minimum becel size makes it easier to hold the iPad. However I had my iPad now for about 8 month and I feel the becel is too big for me. I would prefer a smaller foot print. I feel it would be overall easier to silde it into various bags, backpacks and such if it was a half inch smaller overall. Also I feel I could hold it easily if the becel was a quarter inch smaller on each side.

Dude, its bezel not becel :rolleyes: The bezel is one inch thick because that's the average width of a mans thumb. Sure some of us have daintier hands but the iPad has been designed for the masses.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.