Thinnest bumper case?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by bleomycin, Sep 23, 2012.

1. bleomycin macrumors newbie

Are there any extremely thin bumper cases for the iphone4/5. I realize not many options are available for the 5 yet, however models built for the 4 may be updated for the 5 so links to any of them could prove very helpful. I've always found the apple bumper case made the phone too bulky for my liking so i'm looking for alternatives (the monoprice bumper available for the 5 looks too bulky for me). Thanks.

2. boltjames macrumors 68030

boltjames

The Monoprice case is the thinnest one on the market, I have the Poetic version which is the same thing. Trust me, done all the research, it's the thinnest bumper out there right now.

BJ

3. mac.cali macrumors 65816

Correct. The monoprice is the thinnest. I should know I have it. :)

4. ProfoundTactics macrumors member

This sounds like exactly what I'm looking for, any links to buy in the UK?

5. bleomycin thread starter macrumors newbie

Right, i know there aren't many options available for the 5. Are there any for the 4 that are even thinner though?

6. riseboi macrumors member

7. GaresTaylan macrumors 6502a

I was looking at the Monoprice and Poetic bumpers, but I dont want a bumper that is glossy. I cant seem to find a thin one that isnt glossy.

8. Uabcar macrumors 6502

I've got the Poetic version from Amazon. It's definitely very thin /low profile. My only issue with it is that the rubbery outside sections are not as grippy as the original Apple Bumper. I'll continue to use it until SPG Neo Hybrid to come out.

----------

I bet you could easily make the glossy sides flat/no shine by using some super fine (ie >2000 grit) sand paper. Could probably pick some up for $2 at a local autoparts store.