Thinnest bumper case?

bleomycin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Are there any extremely thin bumper cases for the iphone4/5. I realize not many options are available for the 5 yet, however models built for the 4 may be updated for the 5 so links to any of them could prove very helpful. I've always found the apple bumper case made the phone too bulky for my liking so i'm looking for alternatives (the monoprice bumper available for the 5 looks too bulky for me). Thanks.

boltjames

macrumors 601
May 2, 2010
The Monoprice case is the thinnest one on the market, I have the Poetic version which is the same thing. Trust me, done all the research, it's the thinnest bumper out there right now.

BJ

bleomycin

macrumors newbie
Original poster
Oct 14, 2011
Right, i know there aren't many options available for the 5. Are there any for the 4 that are even thinner though?

GaresTaylan

macrumors 6502a
Nov 11, 2009
I was looking at the Monoprice and Poetic bumpers, but I dont want a bumper that is glossy. I cant seem to find a thin one that isnt glossy.

Uabcar

macrumors 6502
Aug 31, 2009
I've got the Poetic version from Amazon. It's definitely very thin /low profile. My only issue with it is that the rubbery outside sections are not as grippy as the original Apple Bumper. I'll continue to use it until SPG Neo Hybrid to come out.

----------

I was looking at the Monoprice and Poetic bumpers, but I dont want a bumper that is glossy. I cant seem to find a thin one that isnt glossy.
I bet you could easily make the glossy sides flat/no shine by using some super fine (ie >2000 grit) sand paper. Could probably pick some up for $2 at a local autoparts store.