Thinnest case for MBP

Discussion in 'Buying Tips and Advice' started by Staindsoul, Apr 17, 2010.

1. Staindsoul macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Hey guys just ordered my first MBP. What's the thinnest case out there? I read pretty good reviews for the Speck case, or whatever it's called.

Would you guys just recommend using a skin, like invisible shield?

I am definitely getting the moshi keyboard protector. Thanks.

2. Guiguiga macrumors regular

Guiguiga

I got myself a new MBP too. And I'm debating the same. I believe that the invisible shield is pretty cool against scratches. When it comes to bumping the screen onto a external monitor or a wall, I believe a case would be better.

I heard many people saying that Speks case is awsome but once you put it it's very hard to remove. And it feels like it is gonna either break or scratch the mbp when trying to remove it.

I think I'd go with a black rubber case and a keyboard protector if you are gonna walk around with the laptop all the time.

But if you're extremely careful, the invisible shield should do it.

3. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Yeah that's one of main things I love about the MBP, the thinness. Would hate to negate it with a case.

I will be careful with it. It's my first Mac!

4. RudyGrow macrumors regular

In the exact same situation...

I'm leaning towards the Speck case, but away from the $50 price tag...

5. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Yeah I am leaning towards a skin. More worried about scratches and less banging it into something. I believe there are other skins out there other than invisible shield that are less money but good quality.

6. markp9114 macrumors member

if you enter zagg's ipad contest here a discount code will be sent to your email. up to 50%. I got 40% so that made the price a lot more reasonable :)

7. Staindsoul thread starter macrumors 6502

Staindsoul

Thanks!! i registered but only got 30%. Let me know if you don't use the 40%.

8. mloffa macrumors 6502a

mloffa

I got 50% off any Zagg product from their site. I won't be using it. If you want it PM. First come, first serve. -gone-

9. pricej636 macrumors 6502

I got a 40% discount code if anyone is interested. As above, first come first serve.

10. iSchule macrumors member

I bought a clear speck shell for my macbook pro when i bought it last june, It has protected it pretty well and its pretty thin.

11. roxygal9 macrumors regular

I see alot of posts about the Speck case, how come no one is mentioning te Incase hard shell? Is it not a good cover? I had seen on another thread that they loved theirs, and does a great job of protecting the MBP.

They are both the same price, though I heard the Speck is harder to take off if need be.

I got the incase, but havent ordered my MBP yet. Is it not thin?

12. breathesrain macrumors regular

Signed up for the discount before I realized there's nothing on the site I want :) I got a 50% discount, lucky me. Anyone want it, message me.