Thinnest Clear Spigen Case That Protects all sides and camera?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by briankeith513, Oct 26, 2014.

1. briankeith513 macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Hey guys, I know that there have been tons of threads similar to this one, but I'm looking for just these specifics: thinnest Spigen case for iPhone 6 Plus that comes in Clear, covers all sides of the phone, and is raised enough to have a slight lip on the front, and raised enough on the back so the camera doesn't touch a surface when lying on its back.

2. CanadaEh macrumors regular

3. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Spigen is my preference, but if you know any besides the Ringke Slim and the Rock .8mm, I'd like that too.

4. webslinger85 macrumors 6502a

webslinger85

If I'm not mistaken, spigen only offers three clear cases. The soft flex, ultra hybrid, and and slim fit. Judging by your criteria id look at the soft flex

5. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

6. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Ok thanks, I'll check it out

----------

Do you know how thin this one is? .8mm? Or thinner? And is it raised enough so the camera doesn't touch the surface?

7. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

0.8mm and yes it covers the camera which is 0.67mm

8. Mr.C macrumors 601

I've got the same case and had it since the launch of the phone and I have to diagree. Not only is it covered in scratches on the back even though I hardly ever put it down on hard surfaces but the volume and ringer buttons as well as the on/off buttons are hard to press. Plus it seems to add a little too much bulk to the phone. As soon as I can find something better it's going in the bin.

9. heisenberg123 macrumors 603

heisenberg123

do you have the plus by chance? I read some people complain about the buttons for the plus and Spigen sent those people some insert that helped with the buttons

10. Mr.C macrumors 601

Yes I have the 6 Plus. I did read about the inserts but I shouldn't have to and don't particularly want to have to resort to them. I appreciate this is the risk of buying cases for iOS devices at launch with Apple being so secretive with their new product launches but it's still annoying getting a sub standard product. The least they could do is actually send a free revised replacement. Anyway there are other options out there so I will look at them as an alternative.

11. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B0...ailpage_o03_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1#customerReviews

TOTALLEE Crystal Clear Revealer Slim iPhone 6 Plus (5.5 inch) TPU Flexible Soft Case

It is the thinnest one that I've seen, that covers all sides, with slight lips to protect the front and camera from protruding. It also is soft, which makes it feel more cushioned, as opposed to hard plastic cases. I'm waiting for my .8mm Rock case, which looks similar.

I got the Ringke Slim Crystal today, and although the dimensions are said to be slimmer than the Totallee, its' definitely NOT thinner, possibly a little thicker, definitely feels bulkier, and its hard, so it doesn't seem like it will be as good upon impact. I'm giving up my search after trying out the .8mm Rock.

I'm curious about the Spigen Hybrid, but if it's just the exact same size as the Totallee and the Rock .8mm, it may be just a waste of time for me

http://www.ebay.com/itm/0-8mm-Ultra...t=US_Cell_Phone_PDA_Cases&hash=item5d50793e85

12. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Ok after some research, the Spigen Hybrid is definitely not the thinnest Spigen case that covers all sides without camera protruding. That title goes to the Spigen Capsule. The problem is that on Amazon, there are a lot of bad reviews saying that it is a loose fit.

13. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Ok guys, just received my .8mm "Rock" case.
    http://m.ebay.com/itm/400782081669?_mwBanner=1

This case is almost perfection to me. I have found my 3 favorite cases for the iPhone 6 Plus: for the thinnest possible, that covers all sides, slight lip for the front, and no camera protruding on the back....the Totallee, and the .8mm Rock case. For more protection, without being super bulky....Luvvitt Clearview

14. ihonda macrumors 68000

Is this Rock case soft as silicone or rigid like the Desmay cases? It looks like it would easily become lose on the phone and I hate clear cases ugh

15. Mechinyun macrumors 6502

I am interested in the rock case, and from the pictures I have one similar, but i feel the one i have is too thin on the back, the camera is dead "even" with the thickness of the case - i want just a bit more thickness back there so when i put it down there is a tiny gap between the lens and the surface.

Can you look into this and tell me?

16. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

Soft, not a hard case. Seems sturdy though.

----------

Yes there is a tiny gap between the camera lens and the surface.

17. ZipZap macrumors 603

This is the TOTALEE case. Some of the pictures are identical.

18. briankeith513 thread starter macrumors 6502a

briankeith513

If you read above, I have BOTH, the Totallee and the .8mm case, and they are NOT the same.