Thinnest iPhone 4S Battery Case

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Satnam1989, Feb 17, 2012.

1. Satnam1989 macrumors 65816

Hey guys whats the Thinnest iPhone 4S Battery case on the market?

So far I found one thats 15mm....I find my self running out of battery pretty fast so need to invest in a battery case...would rather have one at maybe like 10-13mm....

also anyone have this case in the link below? if so how do you like it when comes to holding, take quick pictures and overall using your iphone 4S.....:

thanks in advance for the feedback:)

http://www.qyg-online.com/en/2-iphone-4s-4-external-battery-backup-case-fc8.html

2. vietalogy macrumors 6502

3. xAnthony macrumors 65816

xAnthony

Honestly.. Speaking from experience, I would go with quality over thinness. I've owned a few different types of battery cases, and most of them have cracked or stopped working. I've owned my Mophie juice pack air for a while now and it's definitely my favorite battery case out there. It's not the thinnest one on the market, but when you're spending close to $100, you want something that is going to last.

4. Satnam1989 thread starter macrumors 65816

How much charge does the morphie juice air provide in real world results? And also how long does it take to charge the pack?

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I don't have the one you posted a link to but I've done a ton of research into battery cases and I ended up with the Tekkeon MyPower. It's very thin and what I really like about is that I can still dock my phone very easily since the bottom part of the case is easy to remove. If that's important to you too, it's probably the best option. If not, the QYG might be your best bet.

6. iVineet macrumors newbie

Same thing I also have an am lovin it

7. duellos macrumors member

Its very thin.
    Quality overall is nice, i got mine from the exact supplier u have provided.

8. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

The offgrid is pretty much the same as this one. It's the thinnest I've found with the integrated battery.

Right now Im using the third rail case. It has a removable battery. I get about 40% of charge on my 4S.

9. dtbratt macrumors 6502

dtbratt

10. vietalogy macrumors 6502

If the third rail only gets 40% juice from dead I don't think there's a point using it really.

Boostcase hybrid has a good concept where you only snap on the battery case when you need it and when you don't you can snap it off. I've also tried it and ended up returning because of bulkiness.

11. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

The phonesuit elite has 2100mah and is 17mm thick. It can charge an iPhone fully in two hours.

I'm liking this case, but it does have some build quality issues. The power switch on the case is really flimsy.

12. vietalogy macrumors 6502

Yeah build quality is not very good. The hybrid build quality is a lot better.

13. michaelzg macrumors newbie

michaelzg

if the case is very thin, then the capacity of the battery inside it may be very small, in this case, why not just buy a case without battery?

14. KoukiFC3S macrumors 6502a

I've had the phonesuit and third rail for about 2 weeks now, and I am going to keep the third rail.

The phonesuit was good. For heavy power users, it's the case to get. I got a full 100% recharge on my 4S from this case.
    However, the build quality disappointed me. The power switch is flimsy, and the case also has sharp edges. The top clip of the case is also very loose.
    When I took the phone out of my pocket, the top clip would come undone very often.

I am loving the third rail. The $90 price tag really bothered me, but I just love it.
    I get about 6 hours of usage from my 4S alone, so most days I don't need a battery pack.
    If I'm away from a charger though, the third rail will give me an additional 40% of battery life. So that's about 2.5 hours of extra usage.
    I just throw the battery pack in my man purse (with my Transformer Prime tablet) or put it in my back pocket. At night I charge the iPhone and the battery pack with just one cable.

15. malloy0 macrumors newbie

Thinnest iPhone 4S Battery Case

I just did a review on Amazon, which I cut & pasted below. The product link is here...

http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B006RCBT7S/ref=cm_cr_mts_prod_img

This iPhone4S Battery Case from www.goestime.com at Amazon.com or direct link of http://www.goestime.com/product/eng/appwrcase.html just arrived on 3/12/12 from via Hong Kong / Shenzhen, China and now in use on my phone. So far so good! Fit and finish is the sleekest, is also the lightest and maintains as much of the original feel of the iPhone4S you can get. This AP Power battery states a 1850mAh for the battery size with my 2nd best the Incipio OffGrid case with a 1450mAh battery. The AP Power case has the standard iPhone adapter and the Incipio and the others has a micro USB. Overall Incipio is really nice, but not quite as light or small as the AP. Also, this Goestime.com AP Power case is better than all the others I have looked and reviewed on YouTube where there is a bunch, including the Cellet, Mophie, EXOGEAR Exolife, and on and on. so far my comments are all about the feel, the look, the weight, the bulk added. We shall see how the battery and reliability goes over the next few days to a week. Hope this review helps.

Good luck!

malloy0

16. psywzrd macrumors 68030

@malloy0:

Thank you for posting that. Can you actually dock your phone while it's in that case or is the dock connector on the bottom backwards? I saw another battery case with the 30-pin connector on the bottom (it was an iwowcase) but the 30-pin connector was backwards (and off-center) so you couldn't dock the phone in the case unless you wanted the screen to be facing away from you.

17. malloy0 macrumors newbie

More than welcome.

To answer your question, I do not have a dock, but from what I can tell this case does have the 30-pin backwards and suspect you would not be able to dock it as a result. The 30-pin slot is centered vs offset.

18. psywzrd macrumors 68030

That's a shame - hopefully someone will eventually come out with a thin battery case with a centered 30-pin dock connector on the bottom that allows proper docking of the phone. Until then, my Tekkeon MyPower is the next best thing.

19. Wiki macrumors newbie

Got it.. just as described .... Simply the BEST