Thinnest keyboard Cover for the 13" MBP ?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by augustya, Jun 15, 2015.

1. augustya macrumors 68000

augustya

Can someone please help me in finding the most thinnest keyboard cover for the 13" MBP ? Typing with these keyboard covers causes a lot of spelling mistake nevertheless I still wanna use it but am looking the thinnest of the lot. Any suggestions guys ?

2. Cuniac macrumors 6502a

3. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

The keyboard covers may imprint on the screen over time, depending on the material in which they are made.

No heat is released through the keys so I'm unsure as to why you would think that they could cause the MBP to overheat. In fact underneath the keys there is a plastic sheet which obviously would not allow any heat to escape. You can see this in more detail here. The heat from a MBP is released from the vent located at the base of the screen/top of the bottom aluminium frame.

I have been using a keyboard cover at gigs for years to avoid spill damage and the temperature is not affected in the slightest.

I can definetly see why you would think this though because on many PC laptops this is the case.

4. ABC5S macrumors 68040

As mentioned above, keyboard cover will, I repeat will transfer itself to the screen. Had one, than took it off after having to clean the screen each and every time. Not worth it.

5. Dark Void macrumors 68030

Dark Void

I don't understand why everyone thinks they're worthless because they may ruin a screen. Don't close the laptop with the cover in place and take it out first. I realize this isn't convenient, but they are still very useful if you happen to spill something. I bet anyone who has water damaged their notebook through the keyboard before wishes they had a cheap keyboard cover in place at the time.

Besides, they're extremely inexpensive. They are even included in the purchase of most hard shell cases simply as a bonus.

6. ZXMustang macrumors member

The Kuzy covers do not touch the screen. I had one on my last rMBP and it never made a mark on its screen. Just ordered another for this new 13" rMBP and Im sure it will be fine.

7. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

I was looking forward for some suggestions to some brand names for these keyboard covers, instead people digressed on whether in the first place should I be using these Keyboard covers or not !! That was not what I was asking lol ! any suggestions on Keyboard cover maker names ?

8. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

Are you sure about this ?

9. augustya thread starter macrumors 68000

augustya

The link that you have posted from Apple support site only says Do not use Keyboard Covers because it may cause interference in closing the lid of the Macbook and thereby causing Damage to the screen, it does not say anything about heat being released around the keys and because of the Keyboard Cover it may cause over heating nothing like that mentioned.

10. LewisChapman macrumors 6502a

LewisChapman

Yes. In fact if you remove the base plate of your MacBook, you can see how the fan is exhausting air from that gap. Just feel around your MacBook when the fans kick in and you will be able to see this for yourself.

That, and aluminium in general does a good job at dissipating heat.