Thinnest leather flip case for iPhone 5?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by Rickd, May 10, 2014.

1. Rickd macrumors newbie

Hi,

What is the thinnest leather flip case for the iPhone 5? I would prefer a case that flips open to the side, not down, but really just want one that is not too bulky.

2. stcizzle macrumors regular

The best ones available IMO, are by Vaja (www.vajacases.com). The Nuova Pelle and the La Pelle. The nuova is a single piece and really thin, the la pelle is two thin pieces adhered together I believe. The nuova is a bit flimsier but deff thinner. I personally prefer these types of cases instead of the ones that have a snap on case built into them. The surface pad by twelve south is super thin but has peeling issues and once u remove it it's basically ruined.

I did a review of the la pelle here http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?t=1652122&highlight=la+pelle

3. Rickd thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks stcizzle, the surface pad looks exactly like what I want, I'm going to order one of them, also half the price of the La Pelle.

4. stcizzle macrumors regular

Just beware, I would definitely try to install it PERFECTLY the first time b/c once you try to remove it, the adhesive pad crimples up as does the leather back of the case. I loved mine til i removed it. Others reported splitting/peeling of the leather, but it's relatively inexpensive so I'd either try to fix it myself down the road if that were to happen or buy a new one.

Good luck. It's definitely the thinnest leather case out there and feels great. I hope you're not planning on removing it, LOL Also, the only thing I wish they had added was a few holes through the leather over the speaker or even a cut out for the speaker so that you can talk on the phone without opening and folding back the case.