Thinnest PC case for iPhone 4

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by MacBpro, Aug 28, 2011.

1. MacBpro macrumors member

I have been using my Belkin grip Vue case for few months... pretty good... my colleague had a 0.7mm thick PC case to protect his iP4... looks pretty cool... but I want to get a thinner PC case... anyone knows where I can get one?

Thanks!

2. ako323 macrumors newbie

I think the general rule for polycarbonate is 1.5 mm if you want it to survive a drop test. That being said, I saw some mention of Pinlo cases here on the forum a while back...they got their cases down to .35 mm or so.

3. macbookpro45 macrumors 6502

4. ijustgraduated macrumors member

Try the generic ones on eBay/Amazon. They are pretty thin, cheap.

5. Mcbee macrumors newbie

I got a 0.7mm from case and it works great... love it... of course it does not offer great drop protection... but good enough to protect the phone from daily use

6. LTMK macrumors member

i believe the main purpose for the case is PROTECTION!!! doublt a 0.7mm case can do anything... .GO OTTERBOX!!!

7. Big D 51 macrumors 6502a

Big D 51

8. lgreenberg macrumors 6502

lgreenberg

Just finished up testing the Coolous Cat Ice Case, which measures only 0.35mm thick. Seems very similar to the Pinlo. Review will up next week.

9. Mcbee macrumors newbie

The 0.35mm case is not a choice for me. Its from another form of plastic called PET or something like that... The case is easily cracked

I like the case make of Polycarbonate (PC), but so far the thinnest PC case is 0.7mm... :)

10. robotphood macrumors 6502a

I use a pinlo slice 3 (0.35mm). The next thinnest case i've used is the caze zero 5 matte version. It's 0.5mm but much more durable (the slice 3 is unlikely to survive a small drop). Another slim case that provides moderate protection is the incase snap. 1mm but has lay on the table design.

11. gcarlucci macrumors member

You might as well put Saran Wrap