Thinnest ROUNDED edge glass screen protector?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by vaultwit, Sep 27, 2013.

1. vaultwit macrumors regular

I know there are super thin glass screen protectors out there, going as low as 0.15 or 0.12 mm, but these all have normal edges.

Does anyone know what the thinnest ROUNDED (e.i. anti-chip) edged glass screen protector is? The thinnest I'm aware of at the moment is the Spigen SGP Glas.tR Nano Slim at 0.23 mm, which sells at a hefty $40.

2. vomhorizon macrumors 6502a

3. vaultwit thread starter macrumors regular

Do you recall how the home button cutout felt? Did the home button feel very recessed, or was it still comfortable to press? And this was the rounded edge version, correct?

4. big samm macrumors 65816

Spigen have a bunch of different ones... Glass tr "r" means rounded edges... They have one that's0.4mm thick, i'm tempted to buy one but don't know if the finger print scanner will work well since the home button will be recessed...
    I have the same model for my Galaxy S4 and the home button is recessed but it doesn't bother me at all... I don't know if will feel the same on my 5s...

They also have a 0.23mm with rounded edges, that would be your beat bet !

5. MarkCooz macrumors 6502a

Watch this video. http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ofdVrJWPpwY

He says he has a tempered glass screen shield. Which one? I'm not sure! But i think it's a GLAS.tR? He said the Fingerprint scanner works "flawlessly" and he did show it that it works. So that's a good sign.

Thinking of picking up the GLAS.tR Nano... But it's so damn expensive!

6. phas3 macrumors 65816

I have the Mime Feather and I can tell you it is very thin, and the home button is easily accessible. The finger print scanner works flawlessly!