Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

trigf

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
I'm searching for a clear or frost colored shell for my white and silver iPad Air - something similar to the Caudabe Veil for the iPhone 5S:

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5-accessories/products/the-veil-frost

It's a super thin and opaque plastic shell for the iPhone, and I would LOVE this same kind of thin, flexible plastic shell for my iPad. Caudabe doesn't make an iPad case with this material.

I wouldn't dislike a hard plastic shell, but they're all so thick. I'm partial to the soft feel of this particular kind of material.

IXDoubleDXI

macrumors regular
Jun 19, 2011
Central Florida
Would be pretty sweet if they came out with one for the Air. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I bought the Caudabe shell for the iPad Mini and wasn't impressed with it. It was kind of thick (at least thicker than the Amazon $10 hard shell snap ons) and it was designed to go around the Smart Cover. By that, I mean, you cannot detach the Smart Cover with the Shell on. Kind of defeated the removability of the Smart Cover.

trigf

Suspended
Original poster
Jun 16, 2009
We already have several threads on these kind of cases so I'm not sure why we needs another one.

I started a new thread because I asked specifically about the thinnest one available, not a general overview of what cases are out there.

kschles

macrumors regular
Apr 3, 2008
Would be pretty sweet if they came out with one for the Air. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I bought the Caudabe shell for the iPad Mini and wasn't impressed with it. It was kind of thick (at least thicker than the Amazon $10 hard shell snap ons) and it was designed to go around the Smart Cover. By that, I mean, you cannot detach the Smart Cover with the Shell on. Kind of defeated the removability of the Smart Cover.

I contacted Caudabe. They said a shell for the Ipad Air will be coming out soon, but didn't say when.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.