iPad Thinnest shell for iPad Air?

Discussion in 'iPad Accessories' started by dbrewer80221, Nov 13, 2013.

1. dbrewer80221 macrumors regular

I'm searching for a clear or frost colored shell for my white and silver iPad Air - something similar to the Caudabe Veil for the iPhone 5S:

http://www.caudabe.com/collections/iphone-5-accessories/products/the-veil-frost

It's a super thin and opaque plastic shell for the iPhone, and I would LOVE this same kind of thin, flexible plastic shell for my iPad. Caudabe doesn't make an iPad case with this material.

I wouldn't dislike a hard plastic shell, but they're all so thick. I'm partial to the soft feel of this particular kind of material.

2. IXDoubleDXI macrumors regular

Would be pretty sweet if they came out with one for the Air. I'd buy one in a heartbeat. I bought the Caudabe shell for the iPad Mini and wasn't impressed with it. It was kind of thick (at least thicker than the Amazon $10 hard shell snap ons) and it was designed to go around the Smart Cover. By that, I mean, you cannot detach the Smart Cover with the Shell on. Kind of defeated the removability of the Smart Cover.

3. Mr.C macrumors 601

4. dbrewer80221 thread starter macrumors regular

I started a new thread because I asked specifically about the thinnest one available, not a general overview of what cases are out there.

5. mike1111 macrumors member

http://forums.macrumors.com/showthread.php?p=18271287#post18271287

Haven't found anything for the iPad Air that's thinner than 0.9mm yet (apart from skins and unannounced carbon fiber).

6. cityathrt macrumors regular

7. bobright macrumors 601

8. kschles macrumors regular

kschles

I contacted Caudabe. They said a shell for the Ipad Air will be coming out soon, but didn't say when.