Third Apple TV...

Discussion in 'Apple TV and Home Theater' started by Liam Steven, Feb 8, 2015.

1. Liam Steven macrumors regular

After playing a video on Apple TV via iPhone the volume controls disappear and don't re-appear until after switching music back to iPhone and then switching back to ATV; unable to control using physical buttons on iPhone.

Attached Files:

2. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

I may be wrong, but I think that is by design.

3. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

Also, if the remote app has been inactive for a period or I've moved away from my ATV the app has to be manually killed otherwise it says it is connecting and then it connects but then shows the attached in an indefinate loop.

Having had three ATV's I'm getting fed up with their "quirky features".... Latest update hasn't helped.

Attached Files:

4. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

Why?

5. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

It depends on how your Apple TV is setup to do audio output. If it does optical out, there is no ability to change the volume on that output type.

6. Liam Steven thread starter macrumors regular

It's connected via HDMI and the point I was trying to make was that audio controls are available but after playing a video they disappear, even if I've switched back to audio.

7. Intell macrumors P6

Intell

In that case, it may be a bug. Have you filed a bug report with Apple about it?

8. JeffPerrin macrumors regular

JeffPerrin

I too have noticed the volume slider does not always behave as it should. In my case, it seems to hang around even though it should be gone during video Airplay.

Sometimes it's a device issue, and is fixed with a simple reboot (try both iPhone and Apple TV). If that's not the case, then file it under "bug."