Third beta of 3.0 is out, any changes?

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by pismodude2, Apr 14, 2009.

1. pismodude2 macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

If anyone notices anything different, please post the changes (specifically on the 2g touch)! I'll post them as I find them as well (still need to update), could someone check if more controls (next/back) work over Bluetooth now? Thnx

2. sharp65 macrumors 6502

You can now specify what the home button does and you can also select what spotlight searches in. That's all i've found so far.

3. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Whoa! That's awesome! I've been annoyed by the lack of home button options ever since I sold my iPhone. That's great news, is the brightness level still the same on the lowest setting (2.1.1 had an ultra low brightness level that the more recent updates removed from the 2G)?

4. sharp65 macrumors 6502

Also, when you double click the home button to get the pause/play controls it has the words "Dock connector" right under the play button.

5. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Actually, the volume bar is replaced by whatever the iPod is outputting audio to if the volume isn't controlled on the iPod end. For example, my Bluetooth headphones' name is there when I use them to listen to music now.

Kinda makes sense, since the iPod volume doesn't effect the volume of the audio going through the dock connector and/or Bluetooth. Also, the Bluetooth and dock connector control issues still remain, so you can't adjust the volume from the dock with headphones plugged in at the same time (for non-speaker dock devices like wireless remotes), and the forward/back buttons don't work over Bluetooth.

On-The-Go playlists can once more be edited (it used to crash if you tried to edit more onto it), and the button that should say edit is cut off ("E..."). Oh, and you can close all Safari windows/tabs now (including the last one!), but a new blank page just pops up when you do.

6. sharp65 macrumors 6502

Yes your right, if you have nothing plugged in at all it will just say dock connector.

7. pismodude2 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pismodude2

Do you have the first or second gen. touch? If nothing is plugged into the second gen it goes out the speaker, but it could be different for the first gen.

8. sharp65 macrumors 6502

It's the first gen, so nothing happens when no headphones are attached. It just says dock connector in place of the volume slider.

9. andybno1 macrumors 68040

andybno1

The following was taken from here

Reported Changes:

- MMS works with modified carrier bundle on German T-Mobile network.
    - Spotlight now saves the last search.
    - Speed improvements.
    - Option for iPods that let you change what your double tap home button is.
    - You can change spotlight to search for what you want to search for ex everything but applications.
    - iPod icon is aligned.
    - Restrictions now add In-App Purchases and Location.

[​IMG]