Third defective battery in a row?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by luminosity, Sep 6, 2009.

1. luminosity macrumors 65816

luminosity

Hi all,

I'm the owner of a 15'' MBP, of the October 2006 revision variety. It was the first C2D release, and it has done well for me. I should note that it was a refurb, but that never seemed to matter much to me, except with regard to my wallet.

Aside from needing to have the display replaced at the beginning of this year, the only real trouble I've had with it has been battery related. My first battery ended up being officially defective, according to my local Apple Store, and it was replaced by a battery from the store itself. Eventually, that battery was also found to be defective by way of testing and replaced with another battery.

I'm officially on my 99th cycle with this battery, and my laptop suddenly went into the power-saving sleep mode with close to 50% power remaining. My battery's health has abruptly plunged to 43% on iStat.

Could it be that my MBP itself is somehow turning good batteries into defective ones?

2. simonshek macrumors member

Let you see what I get... LOL
    I have a MBP 1,1 15' that bought in Sep. 2006. The original battery that comes with the MBP was changed by Apple globe recall. It changed in mid-2007. The second battery that I'm using right now get: 131 cycles, Capacity: 245/5600mAh.