Third MBP charger?

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by pianodude123, Jul 8, 2010.

1. pianodude123 macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

I had my original MBP charger replaced a while ago because the magsafe adapter light was not working. (but it charged the computer fine, weirdly enough) Then, about a month ago, the light on that one went out too. The apple store replaced it with one of the new MBA chargers style. That one worked for about a day, and now intermittently goes off. What is wrong here?

2. Leatherman macrumors newbie

Seems to be a real weak link with the Mac, my cable only lasted a few months and I had to have it replaced. I was just glad I didn't get charged for it!

Still it's an ongoing concern and I now try to exert min tension on the cable when a certain amount of wear and tear shouldn't be an issue at all.

3. pianodude123 thread starter macrumors 6502a

pianodude123

Do you think it could be from a dirty contact or something or is it just a problem with the chargers?

4. r.j.s Moderator emeritus

r.j.s

It may be a dirty contact ... you can try cleaning them with a pencil eraser.

5. ouimetnick macrumors 68020

ouimetnick

Also use a cotton swab and rubbing alcohol to clean the mag safe protect on the computer and the connector. I have the computer turned off (not in sleep) and the mag safe charger unplugged when I do this BTW. I also use an old tooth brush to help clean the gunk out of tr mag safe port and connector.