Third New Mac Pro Freezing

Discussion in 'Mac Pro' started by relbbircs, Mar 5, 2008.

1. relbbircs macrumors regular

Well, my third new mac pro (that is, my second replacement) has taken up screen freezing. At this point I guess I'll just wait for the 8800GT card and meanwhile try the dual monitor work-around.

Shame on Apple quality control!!

2. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Don't give up hope, my replacement has froze as well. I posted this yesterday in this thread. I think there's light at the end of the tunnel. I'm hoping today or tomorrow for a fix.

3. relbbircs thread starter macrumors regular

Thanks, 4God -- let's hope there's substance to the rumor and that the firmware fix, if real, actually works!

4. supercooled macrumors 6502a

There's a forthcoming fix?

I have had a total of 2 freeze on my 1-month old machine. A lot of graphic glitches though. So what's the fix?

5. absolution macrumors member

When you guys say "freezing" you're sure it's not just temporary loss of USB keyboard and mouse control, right? That would appear as if the machine is frozen, but it's actually just not controllable via keyboard and mouse. There's a lot of people reporting USB keyboard and mouse issues like that and I'm just curious if this "freezing" is actually the same thing.

6. 4God macrumors 68020

4God

Well we are hoping for a firmware download fix soon to show up in Software update.
    Just speculation so far as reported over at xlr8yourmac.com.

No, we're talking about the graphics artifacts, freeze/lockup that is discussed extensively here and here as well as numerous
    other threads such as at xlr8yourmac.com and of course other Apple support pages.

7. absolution macrumors member

Ah. I see. Thanks for the clarification.

8. peejack macrumors 6502a

Just notice my screens are not showing up anymore i have corrected it now to help these people identify the same prob I had ;)