Third Party Accessories = Nike+ Finally on iPhone?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by firebirdswm, Mar 18, 2009.

1. firebirdswm macrumors newbie

With the introduction of third party hardware that interacts with apps on iPhone, it now seems reasonable that Apple/Nike could make Nike+ work on the iPhone much as it does on previous gen nanos. All it would require is the plug in receiver. Anyone think this is coming soon? I'd love to sell my nano and just use my iPhone for everything.

2. georgehp macrumors newbie

I wonder if the iPhone will get Nike+ because if it was this simple i think they already would have done it. specially after it is available on the touch 2e gen

Did you try runkeeper? this is a fun handy application that keeps track of everything nike+ does and more and it is a free application to that uses the GPS and maps your run :)

3. firebirdswm thread starter macrumors newbie

4. longrowe macrumors newbie

That's great until you run on the treadmill at the gym. GPS will not help too much with tracking that.

5. Worthy.Of.Ed macrumors newbie

There was a rumor that Bluetooth for the iPod Touch's would be available, it just needs to be unlocked. This indicates to me that there must be a bluetooth receiver in the iPod already. There has also been rumors in the past that that the Nike+ sensor in the iPod Touch's are actually connected via bluetooth.

If Apple allows it, you might not even need the plug-in receiver for Nike+ and the iPhone. It may just have to be unlocked. That would be nice.