third party apps

Discussion in 'iPod touch' started by Ilovetech, Jan 3, 2008.

1. Ilovetech macrumors newbie

I saw today that this febuary we will be able to install third party apps to our iPhones and iPod touches. I was wondering what kind of apps should we be expecting to see for the iPod touch. I received a iPod touch for Christmas this year and I really wish that they had the notes app on it. I could use this a lot. Does anyone have any ideas of what kind of applications we should see come febuary?

Thanks,
    dan

2. Krafty macrumors 601

Krafty

If you really want it you could jailbreak it and put Notes on there. I have it on mines.

3. Draythor macrumors 6502

Draythor

Look over in the iPod touch hacks forum...
    I also imagine that there will be some sort of gaming ability on the SDK. Hopefully.

4. cheekybobcat macrumors 6502a

cheekybobcat

From what I know, the iPhone apps will be available (this includes notes, weather, e-mail, stocks, etc.) for the iPod Touch.
    If not, jailbreaking would be a great choice because you can get all the iPhone apps easily.

5. Ilovetech thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks guys, I think I'm just going to wait because I have herd to much about people bricking there touches

6. iJawn108 macrumors 65816

iJawn108

I'm waiting to aswell. i cant wait for touch apps

and we are suppose to be getting notes apparently

7. quicklook2 macrumors 6502

quicklook2

never heard of anyone making a brick out of a touch yet.

8. Domofloge macrumors regular

Domofloge

Here ya gooo...

Honestly, if for some strange reason that your iPod Touch bricks during the jail-breaking process... "which mine did the first time"... all you must do is sync with iTunes and restore to the original settings. Nothing is lost and then you can start the process again. Hopefully successfully this time!! :;)