Third-party complications

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by Tdadlani, May 20, 2015.

1. Tdadlani macrumors regular

Tdadlani

Been seeing articles of how third-party complications will be coming to a future update on the Apple Watch. Curious to know what people think would be good complications to add to a face.

2. mynameisjosh macrumors regular

mynameisjosh

I have no idea what you are talking about. What is a 3rd party complication? Please explain for me so I don't feel so in the dark.

3. 418 macrumors member

Assuming that (like the current complications) third party complications would be able to specify something to launch when they're pressed then I'd like to see a Philips Hue 'light switch' complication. Being able to lift my wrist and switch the lights on/off with a single touch of the screen would be quite convenient.

4. Robert M. macrumors 6502a

Robert M.

Twitter, Facebook, sports scores on the watch face instead of the weather, stocks, world clock, etc. The complications are the little widgets.

5. GrimmsGirl macrumors 6502

GrimmsGirl

How about a complication for for my airline, so I can quickly see what my flight status is? Maybe instead of the calendar on the modular face, I can see that my flight is on time, or even has a gate change... or even see the gate and boarding time. That would be useful to me.

It might be nice to have a passbook complication. I could tap it when I'm in a starbucks or a dunkin donuts and it would bring up passbook with correct store card open and ready to scan.

I'm sure there are a ton of other useful 3rd-party complications that would be useful for the individual user depending on the apps they have on their watch and their needs.

I'm not in to sports, but maybe a 3rd party sports complication for sports scores... the possibilites are limitless.

6. JayLenochiniMac macrumors G5

An even better method (at least for Starbucks): Select your favorite stores in the Starbucks app and configure the Starbucks card added to Passbook to show on lock screen based on location. The notification will pop up on your Watch when you get there and tapping on it goes right to Starbucks card in Passbook.

You don't even need to have location service set to on in the Starbucks app (which drains battery) for this to work.