Third-party hard drive replacement MBP

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by boboq, Dec 6, 2008.

1. boboq macrumors newbie

boboq

Hi:

(I am posting this inquiry to multiple Mac-related sites, so if you read it elsewhere I apologize in advance.)

I want to upgrade the original 100 GB Seagate hard drive in my early 2006 MacBook Pro (2.0 GHz) with a newer, bigger model. I have looked at the information regarding do-it-yourself replacement and do not feel up to it, so I am looking into third-party options. The two that seem to be most prominent on the Web are iResQ (who worked on an older out-of-warranty Titanium PowerBook that I owned and did good work a few years ago) and TechRestore. I would appreciate any first-hand information/experiences that anyone has had regarding these vendors or any others who do this type of work. I should be able to be without my MBP for a week or so while the repairs are being done. I live in a rural area, so it is hard to find Apple Authorized Repair Centers nearby.

Thanks in advance.

2. boboq thread starter macrumors newbie

boboq

INSTALLATION of hard drive in MacBook Pro by third party

Thanks, but my question relates to having the drive INSTALLED by a third party. These links (most of which I had read before posting my inquiry) relate to BUYING the drive from a third party and doing the install yourself. I am aware of those issues - that's why I chose the third-party install route.