Third party 'high capacity' iPhone 4 batteries

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by chungasarnies, Oct 20, 2011.

1. chungasarnies macrumors newbie

So I think its about time my ip4 battery was replaced as its not holding it's charge too well. Was going to go with a genuine battery but then I saw this:

http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/NEW-GOLD-2430MAH-BUSINESS-BATTERY-APPLE-iPHONE-4-4G-/260849243880?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_3&hash=item3cbbd396e8#ht_2317wt_1156

I'm sceptical but that's a whole lot of capacity for the price. Obviously my concerns would be with excess heat/poor construction. I don't want battery acid/flames all over my phone!

Anyone got any experience with them? Worth the risk, or avoid? Cheers

2. Undone11091 macrumors member

wow that thing would last me two full days before recharge. I don't think you would have a problem with it spilling acid everywhere but the quality may limit the amount of cycles you get through it compared to OEM battery. I would be very interested in a review on this...

3. chungasarnies thread starter macrumors newbie

If I buy, I'll post one :)

4. OMGbrandon macrumors 6502

OMGbrandon

5. chungasarnies thread starter macrumors newbie

6. Undone11091 macrumors member

your out of luck. its a scam.... lol just research it and tons of people with android phones bought batteries from this guy and its a scam lol

7. chungasarnies thread starter macrumors newbie

lol

lol

Well i guess that's what paypal's for ey

8. Fry-man22 macrumors 6502

Fry-man22

I would just think that if it was possible to put a better/bigger battery in there then Apple engineers would have done it already.

This isn't like old hi-cap that could actually be physically bigger and bump out from the phone using MORE of the same tech, these have to magically get the Li-ion to be more dense in the same space and I just don't see a cheap 3rd party group doing better than the ones Apple pays for.

9. Jason B macrumors regular

So did you ever get it? Anyone else try it? These are still for sale on eBay. 2430mah battery is huge! Stock battery is like 1400. Curious what people think

10. Jackson4212 macrumors newbie

Bad battery

I received my "high capacity" battery. I put it in my phone and my phone said it was a little smaller than the original battery. I asked the company for a refund and they are going to issue and claimed the battery might be defective. I'm pretty sure its just a bunch of crap and it doesn't work as advertised but since they are going to issue my refund with complaint I will not post a bad review.

11. Enda macrumors newbie

1900MAH EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER CASE FOR iPHONE 4 4G For iPhone 4/4s

Hello there - the link to these batteries is gone but they are still selling them. I did notice on the photo of the battery label that it states same Whrs as 5.25 which is same as the lower capacity battery so I've sent a message requesting them to explain - not sure I'm expecting a response however. I did just order a 1900MAH EXTERNAL BATTERY CHARGER CASE FOR iPHONE 4 4G for iPhone 4/4s instead of a new battery (for €11 delivered) - will let you know when it arrives how it performs as it's a bigger battery but sits outside the phone so hope it doesn't make it too bulky!.

12. Jalopybox macrumors 6502a

Jalopybox

13. Radiating macrumors 65816

How is it not extremely obvious to everyone that this is a total scam?

Apple spent a quarter of BILLION dollars on battery development and suddenly some random seller on eBay is claiming they have a battery that can store 70% more charge that they will sell you for 10 bucks that uses "special" Japanese technology and is "gold level" with no accountability whatsoever for their claims.

This is a recipie from scamming 101 and shady marketing 101.