Third Party Keyboard Not Repeating

Discussion in 'Mac Accessories' started by Benjomern, May 27, 2016.

1. Benjomern macrumors newbie

Hi guys,

I've recently purchased this tecknet bundle off amazon primarily for a better gaming experience; https://www.amazon.co.uk/TeckNet-Il...id=1464390512&sr=8-4&keywords=gaming+keyboard

Everything seemed great until I launched my game and realised non of my keys were repeating making it impossible to move properly without bashing the arrow keys several times. This is the same for every key including backspace etc, i've however noticed when typing with the keyboard that certain sequences of letters repeat.

This is extremely annoying as in this current state I am unable to use the keyboard for what I purchased it for, does anyone have any ideas on how to get it to repeat? Just to add when using my mac bluetooth keyboard the repeat feature works fine, i've checked my keyboard settings and everything repeat related is in order, I have also tried the terminal command "defaults write -g ApplePressAndHoldEnabled -bool false". I am running OS Lion also if you think that may have anything to do with it.

Appreciate the help,

Ben.

2. chscag macrumors 68000

I couldn't find any information on that particular keyboard that said it was compatible for use on a Mac. Most run of the mill Windows keyboards work OK with a Mac as long as you know which keys to substitute for Command, etc. However, that keyboard is programmable and not an ordinary Windows model. I would be inclined to send it back for a refund and look elsewhere for a good gaming keyboard that is known to work with a Mac.

3. Benjomern thread starter macrumors newbie

Thanks for your reply mate, it seems that it is looking that way. Have you got any experience with decent priced mac friendly gaming keyboards?

4. chscag macrumors 68000

Check out Amazon.com as they have a fairly good variety of Mac gaming keyboards. However, don't be surprised at some of the prices. It's too bad the one you bought is not compatible as it's backlighted and looks good. Gaming keyboards, especially for the Mac tend to be more expensive than their PC cousins. :(