Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
UK
I’ve had a knockoff black link bracelet since the Series 1 release. It’s not brilliant but it has served me well for a good few years. It’s wearing pretty badly now so to go along with a new SSG I’m looking to get a new one.

Way back then, it was an early iteration knockoff, have the newer iterations improved much? I see loads of them on Amazon for roughly £20-£30 so it’s not much to bite the bullet and just try a few.

But, can anyone recommend a known, sub £100, decent brand?

I’ve seen the Chargemaster eBay bracelets, but for wearing day-to-day I’d not be comfortable spending over £200 on something that I know I’ll wreck in a few years!

batristain

macrumors 6502a
Sep 15, 2014
Richmond,VA
Greetings,
I have the original Apple Silver link band but after 5 years I was tired of silver so I finally took a chance and purchased this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081N19GWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the rose gold and yellow gold and silver two toned. It impressed me so much I have purchased on for my mom. I just upgrade to the Series 6 Gold SS and I'm using the yellow gold/silver version. I wear this band everywhere - exercise, housework, gardening, etc.... and only take it off for a shower and sleeping. It's cheap but absolutely just as good as any band out there. I've been wearing it for about a month it looks sweet.

Cheers,
B

Reactions: neilmacd and twanj

neilmacd

macrumors 6502
Original poster
Apr 18, 2010
UK
Greetings,
I have the original Apple Silver link band but after 5 years I was tired of silver so I finally took a chance and purchased this one on Amazon https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B081N19GWR/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_asin_title_o02_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1

I have the rose gold and yellow gold and silver two toned. It impressed me so much I have purchased on for my mom. I just upgrade to the Series 6 Gold SS and I'm using the yellow gold/silver version. I wear this band everywhere - exercise, housework, gardening, etc.... and only take it off for a shower and sleeping. It's cheap but absolutely just as good as any band out there. I've been wearing it for about a month it looks sweet.

Cheers,
B

That is a nice band, but honestly, I’m boring and prefer a minimalist look! This is just a little bit too busy for my liking.

But thank you. I showed my partner and she loves it, and she has taste ?

Reactions: batristain
Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.