Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

yogibeartacodog

macrumors member
Original poster
Sep 20, 2013
I don't have many third party apps in notification center, but it seems that these notifications do not clear themselves when viewed.

My question: Is this soomething in the Notifications API that most apps have not yet implemented?

I'd really dig it if these did not have to be cleared manually.

Thanks for any insight.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
Some clear some don't, probably depends on well the developers implemented that.

DomC

macrumors 6502
Jul 28, 2010
I wish there were more controls over 3rd party notifications on the lockscreen. I want to know that I got an email but I really don't want a 3 line preview of the stupid thing. Yes you can turn previews of for the OS Mail app and Messages, but nothing else (ex: Gmail). A Twitter mention gets 3 lines? Why? Plus I think there's a privacy issue too. If someone picks up my phone they can see 3 lines of every email, tweet, etc. that could be embarrassing. "Dear Biff, the results of your tests were positive....

Either developers should offer preview options in their app settings or Apple should offer a global pref.

C DM

macrumors Sandy Bridge
Oct 17, 2011
I wish there were more controls over 3rd party notifications on the lockscreen. I want to know that I got an email but I really don't want a 3 line preview of the stupid thing. Yes you can turn previews of for the OS Mail app and Messages, but nothing else (ex: Gmail). A Twitter mention gets 3 lines? Why? Plus I think there's a privacy issue too. If someone picks up my phone they can see 3 lines of every email, tweet, etc. that could be embarrassing. "Dear Biff, the results of your tests were positive....

Either developers should offer preview options in their app settings or Apple should offer a global pref.
Sounds like developers can do it, just a matter of them doing it (and most don't seem to for some reason--perhaps just to avoid the extra work).

3bs

macrumors 603
May 20, 2011
Dublin, Ireland

Which is why I can't wait for the a jailbreak for the 5S to come out! Apple will never create an iOS that will satisfy everyones needs/desires.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.