Become a MacRumors Supporter for $50/year with no ads, ability to filter front page stories, and private forums.

Mori1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
MidWest
I hope that I put this in the right place, if not moderators please move it to the correct area. The reason for this thread is I need some advice. A few days before Christmas the display on my macbook pro went blank. Everything else worked but the screen was blank. I took it to Apple and an Apple authorize repair provider, they both told me it was the logic board. I was able to still use it by hooking up to an external monitor. I don't have apple care but I do have coverage with a third party company. I tried to get it fixed locally but the warranty company denied the claim. So I ended up sending it to them, who in turn sent it to a repair center called micromedics in Illinois. I received my laptop yesterday evening and after looking it over, I found scotch tape which took an hour to remove. Also, several dents along the bottom and side. According to the invoice they replaced the logic board but also found issue with the fan assembly and memory.

I called them first things this morning to ask about the dents and repairs. I was told that they took pictures of my laptop and that it arrived in that state. I asked if I could get a copy of those pictures I was told no. That I would have to call the warranty company to get those. Which I did, I'll give them a week, then I'll call again.

Next I asked micromedics about the repairs because both Apple and other repair center never mentioned anything wrong with the fan assembly. And what kind of problem can you have with memory? I was told that they tested them and found problems. After talking to them, I decided to do google search and was not happy with what I found. I am concern about the dents but I'm wondering if they really did the work they claimed they did.

What should or can I do?

morra

macrumors newbie
Feb 9, 2010
go to the next police station, borrow a brand new gun and shoot those guys down. I think they fooled you, what's the point of taking pictures and do not even show them to the owner of that machine?

Mori1

macrumors member
Original poster
Feb 22, 2009
MidWest
go to the next police station, borrow a brand new gun and shoot those guys down. I think they fooled you, what's the point of taking pictures and do not even show them to the owner of that machine?

Well, I did call my warranty company and they said they would get the pictures. I received a call from them and they want me to send them pictures of the damage. So I need to get my hands on a digital camera, pronto.

Register on MacRumors! This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.