Third-party resellers to offer preorders soon?

Discussion in 'Apple Watch' started by BeyondtheTech, Apr 15, 2015.

1. BeyondtheTech macrumors 68020

BeyondtheTech

Has this always been there? Scroll to the bottom of the WATCH's home page, http://www.apple.com/watch/ and you'll see this:

Screen Shot 2015-04-16 at 12.17.36 AM.png

I thought Apple is selling their WATCHes exclusively on their website, but it looks like third-party resellers will be able to do it too, or soon. I followed through on that link and couldn't find any third-party resellers yet, just Apple Stores, but the fact that it's there is setting up for something.

As a T-Mobile customer, I'd like to be able to put one on my Equipment Installment Plan (EIP). At 24 months at 0% interest for any purchases over $79, that's better than any credit card deferred interest plan. Or if Nordstrom is going to offer it, for example, their Double Points or Triple Points Program could come in handy. Which other resellers do you think would be on that list?

2. simsdaniel macrumors regular

I don't think retailers other than Apple will be selling the  Watch anytime soon. It seams that Apple only trusts themselves to market and get people on board with the  Watch which makes sense as it's a first gen device.

Although I'm sure that  Watch 2 or whatever it will be called will be sold at Best Buy, Target, etc on day one as the iPhone is.

3. dacreativeguy macrumors 68020

They clearly don't have the stock to support 3rd party sellers. Maybe in a few months, the sport models will show up at the usual suspects.