Third-Party software to add multi-touch like gestures to a MacBook?

Discussion in 'MacBook' started by tsice19, Mar 16, 2008.

1. tsice19 macrumors 6502a

tsice19

Does any one know of software that will add some multi-touch like gestures to the regular MacBook? I saw someone post a link to software that did it before, but I never took note of it. Now I am wishing I had.

If someone can please link to some software, that would be great.

Thanks

2. psychofreak Retired

psychofreak

Its not available, SideTrack can add functions to the trackpad, but I doubt those multitouch gestures will become available, as the new touchpads have a different chip.

3. bluedoggiant macrumors 68030

bluedoggiant

Ditto.

The MacBook doesn't have the multi-touch chip, so it won't happen.

4. TK B$K macrumors 6502

5. GeneKam macrumors regular

yup, if you want to get that its a need for a new pad, and really, it is not that great, i work with these thigns every day and the only good trackpad is on the air as it is larger, it really sucks on the regualr mpb as there is not enough room to acruallly do that, not worth the upgrade for this genereation. Now the summer release might change something :p

6. davim macrumors newbie

the macbooks trackpad can detect 3 fingers so I don't think it is a hardware problem, if you install linux on your macbook you can configure 3 finger tapping... I believe that the only diference between the new trackpad is the size and driver/firmware...