Third Party Sotware for Brightness Control on Win XP?

Discussion in 'Mac Basics and Help' started by NCRAW, Nov 17, 2007.

1. NCRAW macrumors newbie

Hi All

This is my first post so my apologies if this been repeated many times or it is in the wrong section. I'm a new Mac user (been a Dell man or many many years).

I'm wondering what kind of a solution people have for the super bright 24" screen when running on windows XP? or Leopard I use Shades which is great but I can't find any software for XP. Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Also like to mention that the unit is beautiful however this is my 2nd one in 1 month as I returned the first one cause it kept freezing (usual GC issue) but this one been mighty stable (except when tried to run spaces which then i get a freeze replication) and also im very disappointed about the screen quality (uneven brightness between left and right sides plus green spotlights at the bottom). The second sreen doesnt fair any better. Anyways :)

2. Jiddick ExRex macrumors 65816

Jiddick ExRex

inputremapper.exe

I haven't tried it as I am running boot camp 2.0 and brightness control is well integrated.

About the freezing issue, the new firmware update for the iMac should take care of this so you don't have to worry about freezing issues anymore...