Third Party used TeamViewer on my MBP, worried...

Discussion in 'MacBook Pro' started by Miss G, Feb 12, 2013.

1. Miss G macrumors newbie

My mom lost her yahoo password and apparently called a number that was pretending to be Yahoo. (I didn't find out til much later as she gave the phone to me telling me it was Yahoo but later I knew it wasn't.) It was the number 1-800-926-7048 saying they were Yahoo Help. Unfortunately my mom uses my macbook pro so the scammer used Teamviewer on my computer. He did run netstat on my terminal. He was trying to get my mom to pay some money to get my macbook "fixed". When we did not agree to it he tried to transfer my files. I yelled at him and asked him what is he doing. I stopped the file transfer and he was like "just a minute. i'm ending the session." (uh huh, sure...) And after that he hung up...... I was completely flipping out about it and deleted Teamviewer off my macbook pro. Do you think he could have done anything more? My MBP hasn't acted strange since it happened but I'm still freaked out. I called TeamViewer about it and they told me they can't do anything on my MBP if I don't have TeamViewer on or if I have uninstalled it and they wouldn't have any files if I had stopped it (which I did). I can't believe these people are getting away with this stuff. I feel like I've been violated. They also asked my mom personal info (except for her ssn) that she didn't tell me about til later. Do you think they'll do anything with the info?

2. Ricanlegend macrumors 6502a

If your paranoid you could reformat Your hard drive and do a clean install of OSX