Third time is the charm!!!

Discussion in 'iPhone' started by Macbie, Aug 6, 2010.

1. Macbie macrumors member

I just came home from another Apple store here in AZ, which according to some that it has the nicest people working there. This girl unlike the dude I spoke to yesterday saw the yellowish tint I was talking about and agreed to immediately swap another phone for me. This one have no yellow tint, no dead pixels, and on top of that the last 2 phones all have only 3-4 bars max inside my house but this one has 5 bars. Finally, yayyyyyyy!!!!!

Not to mention the buttons of the phone are much tighter than the first 2 phones.

2. ToroidalZeus macrumors 68020

ToroidalZeus

Is the white balance white though?

I've been through the rainbow on tint issues with the iPhone, from purple tint to yellow tint to now green tint with my iP4.

3. jaykk macrumors 6502a

which store did you go to? I had a great experience at San Tan village store in Gilbert. ( thats for my MBA). But i have a very poor reception issue with my iPhone. Not sure which store should I go.

4. Macbie thread starter macrumors member

I went to the Scottsdale Quarter store that's like more than 100 blocks away from my house.
    The dude at the Arrowhead store obivously lied to me yesterday because this girl said 8 days should be long enough for the color to go away.

5. jaykk macrumors 6502a

thanks for your input, will try Chandler store first. Glad to hear you are happy with your new iPhone 4, enjoy.

6. ohla313 macrumors 6502a

ohla313

can really relate to OP. i just brought my 4 to the apple store to do a full box exchange since I was within 30 days and my new 4 is so good. No loose lock button or any button for the matter. Battery seems solid so far, was on call for 10 minutes and still 100% my previous 4 would drop to 98% or something
    :D

7. PeteLP macrumors regular

Your five bars could indicate that you have iOs version 4.0 rather than 4.0.1

iOS 4.0.1 is the version that changed the algorithm for calculating the number of bars.

Did you confirm the version of the OS?

8. jaykk macrumors 6502a

I got the phone replaced at Gilbert store. Very smooth transaction, one of the nice experience so far. (same store repaired MBA hinge issue out of warranty).

The new phone also drops bars quickly ( have a very poor reception in my apartment, thanks to AT&T), but so far no dropped calls, been using only for few minutes. the sound quality itself is much better than my old one.