this a good buy?

Discussion in 'iPhone Accessories' started by UnLiMiTeD558, Jan 1, 2010.

1. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm pretty sure that Innocase is a fugazi. The IPH3G should be in all caps - that's the way it is on the real thing.

2. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

hmmm... Well thats no good... lol

Between those 2 cases, assuming both were the real thing, which one is recommended? I work in a warehouse btw, so if it does drop, its on concrete. Not a fan of screen protectors either.

3. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I really don't think either will offer much in the way of drop protection, especially on concrete. If you really want drop protection, look into the Otterbox Defender.

4. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

well i dont want a big bulky case like that one you speak of. For the most part the phone wont be out and bein used wen at work, but in case, i was leanin towards the innocase since its a hard shell

5. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I hear you - I don't like bulky cases either. As long as you know the risks, the Innocase is a great case. You should look into the Speck Candyshell and the iskin solos as well - they may give you a little more drop protection but are slightly bulkier.

6. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

shiny cases get scratched up easy and will look like crap, thats the reason im not a fan of those 2 cases you suggested. The candyshell looks nice but i can see that one looking like crap after a few months

7. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm replying from my phone so it's tough to tell from the pics in those links you posted, but I think the 2nd one looks legit.

As far as the shiny comment, check out the iskin solo fx se - it's mostly matte and a very nice case. I still prefer my black Innocase though. Check out Switcheasy too - they make some nice cases as well.

8. psywzrd macrumors 68030

One other thing - if you do get an Innocase make sure you get the updated version with the logo protection. It's nice to have the logo showing but there's no need to have it unprotected like it was with the older version.

9. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

both say they have the film for logo protection, what makes the first link not legit but the 2nd one does? Asking for learnin purposes

10. psywzrd macrumors 68030

I'm not saying the first one isn't legit - I just can't tell by looking at the picture on my iPhone. I also don't see anything about logo protection in the first link.

11. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

12. MrThompsonR macrumors 6502

MrThompsonR

This would be my choice... Seidio. I prefer to carry my phone in my pocket vs on my hip... A friend has an Otterbox w/belt clip... Its not very secure. He's dropped his phone several times since buying it... I put my phone in a front/ rear pocket and there's not chance of dropping it while climbing out of a car or bumping into something... I've broken a few belt clips over the years(and dropped/ damaged my phone) and don't trust 'em. For an even lighter feel I put on a removable "skin" for that almost "naked" feel, that still protects my phone from scratches. I get skins from Decalgirl.com

[​IMG] [​IMG]

13. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

I think you should get the Switcheasy Colors its only $14.95 off off MyGearStore (a trusted store) its silicone, but has a coating to prevent lint from sticking to it

14. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

What would make that case better then the innocase 2 that i have linked. Case choices are so damn hard lol. I dont want one that covers the screen, i dont want one that sticks, i dont want a hard shiny one that will scratch, but i dont want a dull one either and i dont want a bulky one lol.

Am i asking for too much out of a case? lol

15. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

Link to the case: http://www.switcheasy.com/products/Colors/Colors.php
    MGS link: http://www.mygearstore.com/Products?search=Switcheasy+Colors+iPhone

1. Made of silicone (doesnt scratch your iphone back/ bezel) and colors wont fade or scratch
    2. Doesnt stick to your pocket since it has a special coating
    3. 10 Different vibrant colors
    4. IDK what you mean by dont cover the screen, but this only covers the bottom part with the home button
    5. the only "A" rated case on iLounge
    6. You're buying off ebay for the Innocase, so you dont know if it's a fake, but this one is off a reliable site

16. UnLiMiTeD558 thread starter macrumors regular

Alright one thing, does this case sage overtime being a silicone case? A few things i dont like about the switcheasy colors is, though the colors are bright, its dull, not shiny or transparent, and it gets too close to the screen, i dont like how the case is right at the edge of the screen like that.

17. gunzmaiet macrumors regular

if it sags, you can replace it (it usually doesnt)
    its pretty thin so being close to the screen doesnt really do anything

18. nforce2010 macrumors newbie

19. Rick66 macrumors newbie

For $4.95, I don't think it is worth it. I am looking for something better which looks nice too, even if it costs a couple of dollars more.

20. zdblue11 macrumors member

zdblue11